A Barn Good Wedding

by | Bride, Inspiration Boards, Wedding Venues

COMMENTS

Sydney bride Sarah emailed me last month on the hunt for a barn.

barn A Barn Good Wedding

Barn from Saltwater Farm Barn

She had come across this photo and was desperate to find something similar in NSW. Never one to turn down a challenge I searched high and low for an Aussie version of the barn to meet Sarah’s requirements (close to Sydney, allows caterers in, allows own styling etc).

In the search I did find many gorgeous venues, so hopefully one of them will suit Sarah (and hopefully she’s found and booked one by now!)

But in keeping with Sarah’s relaxed barn style look, I created this inspiration board for her. A rustic barn wedding with a touch of glamour.

sarahsrusticwedding A Barn Good Wedding

Saltwater Farm Barn, Bouquet from Antony Todd, gown by Luci Di Bella, Gold Flourish Invite by Alannah Rose Stationery, wine and chandelier & welcome sign from brides.com, freesia boutonnière & escort cards from theknot.com, Interior from The Great Cask Hall

COMMENTS
  • AlannahRose
    AlannahRose says:
    April 30, 2008 at 11:54 pm

how gorgeous is that barn? and there is not a dress of luci di bella’s that I do not adore. :)

• DrewB
    DrewB says:
    May 1, 2008 at 1:12 am

I love barns! I’ve been searching for one in Orange County and can’t find one either :(

• Kathryn
    Kathryn says:
    May 1, 2008 at 2:18 am

Beautiful inspiration board! You may have noticed how much a love barn weddings! :)

• christi
    christi says:
    May 1, 2008 at 6:04 am

I have an obsession with Barns! DrewB– we held our wedding in Orange County, CA. The reception was at Strawberry Farms Golf Club and dinner/dancing was in their Big Red Barn. You can see photos of our wedding at http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/page.aspx?username=cahou
    I loved the location!

• Wendy
    Wendy says:
    May 1, 2008 at 11:59 am

So sorry Sara hasn’t found a barn! What a perfect venue for a wonderful wedding. Hope she loves what she did find!

• Polka Dot Bride says:
    May 6, 2008 at 10:59 am

Alannahrose- Me either, Luci is a gorgeous designer!

I think anyone building a gorgeous barn in Oz may do very well!

• Sydney
    Sydney says:
    June 1, 2008 at 9:39 pm

Your beautiful inspiration board makes me want a country style barn wedding!

• Ben
    Ben says:
    September 16, 2008 at 11:20 am

Can you provide me with a list of the venues that you found for Sarah?

• The Great Barn Hunt | Polka Dot Bride
    The Great Barn Hunt | Polka Dot Bride says:
    October 20, 2008 at 4:47 pm

[...] since I posted about Sarah’s hunt for a barn near Sydney (see the post here) to hold her wedding in I’ve had countless emails from couples looking for barns for their [...]

6 + 6 =