Beautiful Australian Natives

by | Bride, Flowers

COMMENTS

I’m always on the lookout for beautiful Australian native bouquets so when I stumbled across the wedding of Hans and Anke on photographer Scott Carle’s blog I was thrilled!

australian natives Beautiful Australian Natives

australian natives2 Beautiful Australian Natives

Not only was the wedding beautiful (the couple wed at sunrise and came all the way from Germany for an Aussie wedding) but I just love the colours in Anke’s bouquet. The rich inky blues, reds and yellows. It’s like a vivid oil painting.

There are plenty of Australian native flowers and leaves you can use for your wedding bouquet

• Proteas
  • Wattle
  • Gymea lillies
  • Geraldton wax
  • Grevillia
  • Banksias
  • Eucalyptus
  • Gumnuts
  • Callistemon
  • Acacias
  • Waratahs
  • Kangaroo paws
  • Paper daisies

(Check out more of the wedding of Hans and Anke here)

COMMENTS
  • LaRae Lobdell
    LaRae Lobdell says:
    January 31, 2009 at 11:33 am

This is definitely the most beautiful bouquet I’ve ever seen!

• Polkadot Bride
    Polkadot Bride says:
    January 31, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Isn’t it stunning? The colours are just gorgeous!

• Mara (Wedding Cabaret)
    Mara (Wedding Cabaret) says:
    February 1, 2009 at 3:40 pm

sooo pretty!

• WestAussieWedding
    WestAussieWedding says:
    February 2, 2009 at 1:59 pm

THanks so much for posting these photos, I have been finding good picutres of native bouquets really hard to find and this brides flowers are truly beautiful. Its a nice soft looking bouquet, I find a lot of the Australian arrangements look rather dry and spikey, so this is the exact sort of inspiration I have been looking for!!

(Also its been pointed out to me that Proteas are not actually native to Sth Africa but often get passed off as Australian natives for some reason..)

• WestAussieWedding
    WestAussieWedding says:
    February 2, 2009 at 2:01 pm

whoops I mean to say they are natvie to South Aftrica, not Australia instead of other way around!

• Polkadot Bride
    Polkadot Bride says:
    February 2, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Hi WAW- I’m like you! I love native bouwuets so when i see them I jump on the!
    Yes I’ve noticed a lot of Australian Natives are actually South African, I suppose we have a similar climate?

Here’s another native bouquet

• Flowers «
    Flowers « says:
    February 10, 2009 at 1:03 pm

[…] would have loved to have had all australian natives and wish I had seen this (via here) earlier! As it was I planned to go early to the Melbourne Queen Victoria Market on Saturday (the […]

• Amazing Australian Wedding Bouquets | Polka Dot Bride