Brides Seeking

by | Bride, Brides Seeking

COMMENTS

A new little segment called Brides Seeking. I get so many lovely emails but some of them I just can’t find the answer to. I know Polka Dot Bride readers are savvy and resourceful so I thought I might ask you!

If you know the answer to one of the brides seeking questions, just leave a comment. If you have something you’re looking for, please contact me!

brides seeking Brides Seeking

Bride #1 is seeking black polka dotted tulle. Similar to the fabric used in Ashley’s dress. I know this is something both Australian and US brides have been seeking!

It’s A Jaime Thing: “That black polkadot tulle is hard to find…but I did find it on Ebay:

icon wink Brides Seeking Cheers!”

Bride #2 (and Polka Dot Bride for that matter) is seeking an Australian charity who accepts donations of wedding gowns and redistributes gowns to those who might not be able afford them. Similar to The Glass Slipper Project or the I Do Foundation in the USA

Bride #3 is seeking customised pencils (in quantities less than commercial numbers) similar to those used in the brilliant red and cherry wedding of Amber and Jeff (seen here) by an Australian company.

It’s A Jaime Thing: “For the pencils, try:http://tinyurl.com/dc8fhl

Bride #4 is seeking white polka dot net fabric (similar to swiss dot). Again I know both Australian and USA brides who are requesting this.

Shannon: there is polka dot tulle at spotlight at the moment in the “dress fabrics” section, if its not there they can order it, although you might have to push them to do it (but no matter what they say they can). Swiss dot can be found at Greenfields, 30-36 Ann St. Surry Hills in Sydney. for those not in Sydney, they do phone orders (02) 9212 1944, and the web site is http://www.emgreenfield.com. The dotty tulle will probably be there too. Any other fabric requests?

Shannon: OK tulle…. The dotty tulle is at Spotlight at the moment in the dress fabrics section, and they can special order it for you if they dont have itin store. Also tulle will dye with hot water dye, or get it professionaly dyed, there are places in all capital cities,if you need to go to black, particularly . Also in Sydney, EM Greenfeilds will stock both tulles, at 30-36 Ann St Surry Hills in Sydney. You can go to the store and see samples or mail order them (www.emgreenfield.com)
hope this helps!

Bride #5 is seeking a cute poem to ask guests to sign her photo mat

“JoDitt @ JoyfulHeartDesign: I do know someone who can write a cute poem asking guests to sign a photo mat. Contact Nate at natelusk@hotmail.com and tell him that he was referred by JoDitt”

It’s A Jaime Thing: “Photo mat poem ideas:

This day for us is special
A time beyond compare
The joy we feel in our hearts
We’re glad our guests can share.
Please share with us your marriage tips
For a long and happy life
Present us with your words of wisdom
To help us as man and wife!

-or-

On this table you will find
our photo mat for you to sign.
Please take a moment on a spot so bare
and write advice or a sentiment to share.
Take up a spot for each of you
so that we may know your feelings true.
This signed mat will serve as we
remember our big day so happily!

-or-

A precious collection of memories,
this photo mat is meant to be.
Take your time and collect your thoughts,
then write them down for posterity.
You might choose words of wisdom,
encouragement or a joke.
Possibly a poem, a funny drawing
or a wedding anecdote.
Whatever your means of expression,
our gratitude we cannot measure.
This photo mat will frame our love,
and become an heirloom we will treasure!”

Starry-Eyed Barefoot BrideThis is something that we thought about for a reading.It could be a cute one for the mat for Bride #5.

Reprise

Ogden Nash

Geniuses of countless nations

Have told their love for generations

Till all their memorable phrases

Are common as goldenrod or daisies.

Their girls have glimmered like the moon,

Or shimmered like a summer moon,

Stood like a lily, fled like a fawn,

Now the sunset, now the dawn,

Here the princess in the tower

There the sweet forbidden flower.

Darling, when I look at you

Every aged phrase is new,

And there are moments when it seems

I’ve married one of Shakespeare’s dreams.

Bride #6 is seeking the black and pink striped tie seen in the Colour Your Tie entry (second tie on the right). Does anyone know where to buy it?

It’s A Jaime Thing: “Ooh! For the ties, I’m still looking for that same/similar tie, but if you’re open to some other really awesome ones, my favorite place for ties is Etsy seller Toybreaker:

Seriously cool ties. icon wink Brides Seeking

It’s A Jaime Thing: “I found a similar black & pink striped tie at:

They’re selling it as Kenneth by Kenneth Cole…”

PS If your question isn’t here and you think it should be, I’m probably currently working on the answer!

COMMENTS
  • Leah
    Leah says:
    March 14, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Cant wait to find out the answer to the pencils! I would love them too!

• JoDitt @ JoyfulHeartDesign
    JoDitt @ JoyfulHeartDesign says:
    March 14, 2009 at 6:15 pm

I will keep my eye for these items. I do know someone who can write a cute poem asking guests to sign a photo mat. Contact Nate at natelusk@hotmail.com and tell him that he was referred by JoDitt.

• Amy L
    Amy L says:
    March 15, 2009 at 7:46 am

What if I’m in search of something?!?!

I’ll be on the lookout for the above mentioned items, but I am in search of the perfect Tiffany Blue heels. I don’t want to high of a heel, preferable less than 3 inches. I want peep toes so that we manicured toes can be seen! :) Thank you!

• Polkadot Bride
    Polkadot Bride says:
    March 15, 2009 at 11:18 am

Amy just leave a comment or contact me (link is above) and I’ll add it to the next Brides Seeking!

• It's A Jaime Thing
    It's A Jaime Thing says:
    March 15, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Hope this helps! ;)

For the pencils, try:

• It's A Jaime Thing
    It's A Jaime Thing says:
    March 15, 2009 at 7:58 pm

That black polkadot tulle is hard to find…but I did find it on Ebay:

;) Cheers!

• It's A Jaime Thing
    It's A Jaime Thing says:
    March 15, 2009 at 8:00 pm

You can find the tulle on Ebay:

(Please forgive me if this is a duplicate – it didn’t show up right away like my pencil comment did – whoopsie daisies!)

• It's A Jaime Thing
    It's A Jaime Thing says:
    March 15, 2009 at 8:01 pm

Hmm, checking to see if comments w/links are not working due to html – forgive me. ;)

• It's A Jaime Thing
    It's A Jaime Thing says:
    March 15, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Ok, sorry – so the tulle links aren’t working for some reason.

However, you can find it on Ebay, just do a search for black tulle in the category “sewing and fabrics” – it should come up. I was able to find several selections on there –

You could also try searching for mesh fabric on google, that might show more results. ;) Good luck!

~Jaim

• It's A Jaime Thing
    It's A Jaime Thing says:
    March 15, 2009 at 8:08 pm

Seriously cool ties. ;)

• Shannon
    Shannon says:
    March 15, 2009 at 8:14 pm

there is polka dot tulle at spotlight at the moment in the “dress fabrics” section, if its not there they can order it, although you might have to push them to do it (but no matter what they say they can). swiss dot can be found at greenfeilds, 30-36 ann st. surry hills in sydney. for those not in sydey, they do phone orders (02) 9212 1944, and the web site is http://www.emgreenfield.com. The dotty tulle will probably be there too. Any other fabric requests?

• Shannon
    Shannon says:
    March 15, 2009 at 8:19 pm

ok tulle.. the dotty tulle is at spotlight at the moment in the dress fabrics section, and they can special order it for you if they dont have itin store. Also tulle will dye with hot water dye, or get it profesionaly dyed, there are places in all capital cities,if you need to go to black, partiuarly . Also in sydney, EM Greenfeilds will stock both tulles, at 30-36 ann st surry hills in sydney. You can go to the store and see smaples or mail order them (www.emgreenfield.com)
    hope this helps!

• It's A Jaime Thing
    It's A Jaime Thing says:
    March 15, 2009 at 8:35 pm

I found a similar black & pink striped tie at:

They’re selling it as Kenneth by Kenneth Cole…

• It's A Jaime Thing
    It's A Jaime Thing says:
    March 15, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Photo mat poem ideas:

This day for us is special
    A time beyond compare
    The joy we feel in our hearts
    We’re glad our guests can share.
    Please share with us your marriage tips
    For a long and happy life
    Present us with your words of wisdom
    To help us as man and wife!

-or-

On this table you will find
    our photo mat for you to sign.
    Please take a moment on a spot so bare
    and write advice or a sentiment to share.
    Take up a spot for each of you
    so that we may know your feelings true.
    This signed mat will serve as we
    remember our big day so happily!

-or-

A precious collection of memories,
    this photo mat is meant to be.
    Take your time and collect your thoughts,
    then write them down for posterity.
    You might choose words of wisdom,
    encouragement or a joke.
    Possibly a poem, a funny drawing
    or a wedding anecdote.
    Whatever your means of expression,
    our gratitude we cannot measure.
    This photo mat will frame our love,
    and become an heirloom we will treasure!

• It's A Jaime Thing
    It's A Jaime Thing says:
    March 15, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Oh! As for those tiffany blue heels:

Try doing a search on http://www.shopstyle.com for “blue heels”, they have some adorable options and you can search by price.

Also, try http://www.like.com, if you do find an expensive pair you love and want to find a similar pair that are more affordable, you can search that site for other “look-a-like” pairs and such. Search by color, type, style, the works – it’s SO helpful!

Good luck everyone! Sorry I left so many comments…I became addicted…lol.

Hope all is well, Ms.Polka – your blog still remains one of my absolute favorites…so inspiring. Cheers!

Sincerely,
    Jaime ;)

• Emma
    Emma says:
    March 23, 2009 at 2:34 pm

i am trying to look for a diary of folder of somesort that can help with the organisation of weddings and has all the essentials within so you dont miss the finer details. one that can hold who is doing what and quotes and also arrangements so thats its in a neat tight pakage for the bride to keep with her if she is really busy.

• Call For Brides Seeking | Polka Dot Bride
    Call For Brides Seeking | Polka Dot Bride says:
    March 25, 2009 at 6:35 pm

[...] new Brides Seeking call out will be posted on Saturday, if you’re in search of something for your wedding day [...]

• Kirsten
    Kirsten says:
    April 5, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Thanks for the suggestion for the pencils (re bride no 3) unfortunately though it’s another American one though…still no luck with finding an Australian version.

8 + = 9