Good morning Polka Dot Bridettes! Today is the first day of another working week, so let’s kick off with something sweet to look at – our Vendor Of The Week!
This week’s Vendor Of The Week is Western Australian wedding planner Cathrin D’Entremont of Cathrin D’Entremont Weddings. Cathrin is a self proclaimed wedding nut who creates beautiful weddings for her clients. Born in Germany, Cathrin brings her love of culture to each wedding and a scalable service- from full scale planning to wedding day direction. Cathrin is also the lady behind The Wedding Workshop – a workshop designed to equip couples with the tools to plan their own wedding.
To learn a little more about Cathrin, we asked her five questions in five minutes!
What is your favourite after five drink?
Wine, wine and more wine. Red or white, but prefer white most of the time.
Your favourite weekend getaway?
I traveled for most of my life and found home to be the best place to be. Unfortunately my computer is at the same place. I love baking and often spend hours in the kitchen cooking something.
What’s your favourite restaurant?
I love Japanese food, especially teppanyaki style and Shabu Shabu. I am still in shock as my favourite restaurant has closed up.
What can we find you eating for breakfast on a Sunday morning?
I love my cereal, but I am never happy with just one, so I mix 2 or 3 kinds, usually the muesli kind. Always top it with shredded coconut. Fresh orange juice and percolated coffee, lots of it to last me through my paper reading.
Your favourite wedding story?
Every wedding I have been part of is unique, but one will always leave fond memories.
- Bride was walking down the aisle with Kermit the Frog singing Rainbow Connections while Kermit was sitting on the signing table.
- Cocktail style reception with freshly shucked oysters
- Guests had to be dressed “Fabulously” with lots of bling
- Bridal Entrance with the Muppet theme song
- Bride danced flamenco for her new husband – with 2 dress changes. She did Flamenco dancing for many years and he had never seen her dance.
- 50 Wasamba drummers walked up from the car park, colourfully dressed and their suits covered with flashing lights. Everyone danced wildly with them for 20 minutes when the DJ took over playing: Buster Poindexter – Hot Hot Hot. The guests ran to the dance floor!
- Bridal Waltz was to the James Bond theme song 007 and he held a plastic gun.
- The evening ended when the two old guys from the Muppet Show, Waldorf and Statler saying to each other: “Did I miss anything? “ – “No, not much!”
A wedding with all the right elements!
Photos by Natasja Kremers Photography