Becki and Daniel’s Parisian Inspired Engagement Shoot

by | Bride, Engagements

COMMENTS

Becki & Daniel

Becki and Daniel decided to do something different for their engagement shoot- with their love of Paris they incorporated facets of their lives (The Eiffel Tower sculpture was given to Becki by Daniel with the promise he would take her there one day) and their love of the wold world and European charm to provide a different look for their engagement photos.

Becki says “Danny and I met 9 years ago when he caught a glimpse of my back whilst getting in a car at a cafe. He fell in love with my curly hair (which I hated because at the time straight hair was in and I hadn’t discovered the ghd). It turned out that we had mutual friends and it was downhill from there! He asked me out at Stanwell Beach and 8 years on proposed in one of the most unique way at the same place.

It was my birthday and he had already taken me on a seaplane to Jonahs Restaurant for lunch and then dinner at Bilsons Restaurant so i was really tired when he wanted to drive all the way to Stanwell. 8 years on I was afraid of the dark and the quiet beach and it wasn’t really my idea of fun anymore. I was quite scared but i went along with it. Nearing 12am the end of my birthday he told me he had a new trick and wanted to take a photo, on the first photo he scrawled ‘happy birthday’ in the air with a light so that when the photo came out you could see the writing on the photo. He pretended that it didn’t turn out and wanted to take another one, after that shot, I ran to see if it had turned out so i could go home….but while reading it…I got a bit confused because instead of Happy birthday, it read ‘Marry Me?’ and when i turned around he was on one knee with a ring……”

Photos today are by Jenny Sun Photography who creates the most glamorous images! They’re always a complete treat to pour over (and deserving of bubbles or something decadent)

Photos By Jenny Sun Photography

COMMENTS
  • Sally
    Sally says:
    January 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

Engagement shoot? Glamorous enough to be a wedding… Are we certain it’s not?

• Janelle@allproppedupvintagehire
    Janelle@allproppedupvintagehire says:
    January 22, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Love that dress, simply stunning! I’m very keen on those pretty lace sleeves for my own wedding I think!

• Natalie
    Natalie says:
    January 22, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Such a beautiful couple Becki & Danny! Very glamorous indeed and simply stunning! So happy that my couture design is being featured on Polka Dot Bride in such a gorgeous photoshoot also. The luxurious champagne silk satin gown featuring capsleeves made out of vintage hand beaded lace was a delight to create! I’m looking forward to seeing photos of Becki’s Silk Dupion wedding dress I made as well. Feel free to see more of my work lovelies – visit my Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/TrueLoveBridal

Thank you, Natalie – Designer and Owner of True Love Bridal

• Emma
    Emma says:
    January 23, 2011 at 12:06 am

What a beautiful photo shoot, very parisian indeed! These photos definitely embody loving memories. I wouldn’t have done my engagement any other way.

Congratulations Becki&Daniel!

• Anna
    Anna says:
    January 23, 2011 at 12:15 am

A beautiful photoshoot! The dress is gorgeous! Congrats Becki & Danny!

• Polkadot Bride says:
    January 23, 2011 at 8:23 am

Hi guys,

Regrettably, I have removed a comment that wasn’t very nice and one relating to it.

Let’s think for a moment firstly that this is a real couple with real feelings and we need to be respectful of the choices they made.

This shoot was submitted to Polka Dot Bride as an engagement photography shoot. Such sessions are common in many Asian cultures (in full wedding attire). Regardless, perhaps they just wanted to dress up (and really? why not! We never dress up enough! Engagement are a big deal!)

Instead of judgement, can we look at this shoot as inspiration? I’m inspired by those lovely ceramic letters, the props the couple brought from home, the Parisian feel to the shoot. Oh and doesn’t the bride look beautiful with the flowers in her hair?

Let’s celebrate our differences and the way we celebrate differently!

x Ms Polka

• Jane Maxfield
    Jane Maxfield says:
    January 23, 2011 at 12:58 pm

These are great photos/poses. I love your style, themes! Jane 🙂

• merium says:
    January 23, 2011 at 7:12 pm

So glamorous and beautiful! Love the dress~just gorgeous!

• Vicky
    Vicky says:
    January 25, 2011 at 3:52 am

MY bad!!!!…. forgot about the cultural diferences, I´m really sorry… should of think twice before posting that… Totally agree with you, why not!

• beth
    beth says:
    August 27, 2011 at 2:23 pm

LOVE THE DRESS! does anyone know who the designer is? I’ve always wanted to wear white to my engagement party – I think the shoot is perfect!

• beth
    beth says:
    August 27, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Just saw the above post – thanks, will definitely check this designer out!

Are you a robot or a human? Let us know by answering the below! *