Today We Are Four…

by | Blog News, Bride

COMMENTS

Photo by Jackie Wonders for City Cradle Design

I can hardly believe that today is Polka Dot Bride’s 4th birthday. I can barely believe that this life is real- that I get to spend every day surrounded by the most amazing people, the most amazing imagery and the most amazing talent.

There are few moments of the year I get to stand up on the blog and do an Oscar style speech- this isn’t any kind of award, it’s words of gratitude to you. You who sits at her computer screen at work, emailing me your favourite dresses, you who reads Polka Dot Bride on the way home, perhaps on the train with your red shoes peeking out, you who is marrying next week and carrying a bouquet of bright yellow blooms and you who sends me messages of support late at night and giggles with me over a virtual glass of wine.

Dear readers, you are the soul of Polka Dot Bride- your passion, tears, thoughts, words of wisdom, dreams and fantasies fill these pages.

As always we couldn’t do this without our advertisers who are the life blood of Polka Dot Bride and who I would love you to support- because without them I couldn’t write every day and fill your inboxes with the beautiful imagery I do! They’re such amazing, creatively talented people who want to work with you to create the most amazing wedding- one that is a reflection of you and helps you marry the one of your dreams. My team always deserves praise for keeping the cogs and wheels turning while I get to stare at pretty pictures- they’re pretty amazing. As is my entire support network who are all amazing people in their own right yet find time to support this project of mine!

As we head into our fifth year, I am filled with anticipation about the exciting plans we have in store for you this year- we’re going to have a ball and we would love it if you came along for the ride!

So have a glass of bubbles, or tea, or lemonade with me today- because this one’s for you…

COMMENTS
  • Leah says:
    January 13, 2011 at 10:28 am

COngratulations on your 4th birthday! I can’t wait untill my April wedding to submit my wedding photos to you for you to hopefully include one day… Polka Dot Bride has been such a source of inspiration before I was even engaged!

xx leah

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Oh Leah I can’t wait to see your wedding! Best of luck in the next few months of your plans and thankyou for the birthday wishes!

• Gemma Clarke says:
    January 13, 2011 at 10:33 am

Congratulations! What an incredible accomplishment to have such awesome inspiration for thousands – keep up the great work!

• Moonlight and Whimsy says:
    January 13, 2011 at 10:36 am

Congratulations! Onwards and upwards! We look forward to reading your posts in your 5th year!! 🙂

• Ms Paisley says:
    January 13, 2011 at 10:37 am

Does that mean that the training wheels are officially off?! Ha ha. Congratulations on this milestone – I can’t wait to see what you have in store for the coming year!

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Ha training wheels are never off but apparently tantrums should cease and we can even tie our own shoelaces! Love you being a part of our team Ms P!

• Aimee says:
    January 13, 2011 at 10:48 am

Congratulations! I hope your day is filled with cheer, cupcakes, endless smiles and fond memories!

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Thankyou Aimee for being a part of our joy!

• Leah Kua says:
    January 13, 2011 at 11:14 am

Congratulations and Happy Birthday Ms Polka and your wonderful team. It is an honour to be a part of you beautiful vision.

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:26 pm

It’s an honour to work with people like you Leah- thankyou!

• Miss T says:
    January 13, 2011 at 11:22 am

Happy birthday and here’s a champers cheers to another 4 years of creativity, whimsy, success and excitement!

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Cheers miss T! Thankyou for being a part of Polka Dot Bride- it wouldn’t be the same without you!

• mahani says:
    January 13, 2011 at 11:31 am

woohoo! from one birthday girl to another! today is a good day : )

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Massive HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too! What a beautiful day!

• Autumn says:
    January 13, 2011 at 11:32 am

Happy “birthday,” Polka Dot Bride! So glad you’re here on the interwebs. It wouldn’t be the same without ya! Congratulations on four great years!

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:26 pm

What a lovely thing to say Autumn! Thankyou- I’m so glad I’m here too!

• brancoprata says:
    January 13, 2011 at 11:55 am

Congratulations!!!!

• Ellen says:
    January 13, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Congratulations and well done to you and your team 🙂

• Ami says:
    January 13, 2011 at 12:24 pm

happiest of happy birthdays my love! xo

• It's A Jaime Thing says:
    January 13, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Congratulations and happy blog birthday!!! 🙂 Thank you for always being one of the most sweetest bloggers out there, you really do rock, lady. Cheers!

Sincerely,
    Jaime 🙂
    (((BLOG HUGS)))

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:25 pm

You are too kind Jaime! Coming from you!!! Thankyou so much

How are you? How is your little one?

• Mother Polka Dot says:
    January 13, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Congratulations to a special Polka Dottie – you make me so proud!

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Nothing is possible without you- my inspiration, my strength, my hero x

• Joanne says:
    January 13, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Congrats Polka Dot! Thank you for all your inspiration.

• Trish says:
    January 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POLKIES!! 😀

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:24 pm

#1 fact about Polka Dot Bride… i love the nicknames! Thanks Trish!

• Melanie says:
    January 13, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I’ve only just discovered your incredibly amazing site – I never would have thought something so… ‘complete’ would have existed! So thank YOU for putting together such a great site. I’m looking forward to what your 5th year will bring!!! Happy Birthday!!!

• Polkadot Bride says:
      January 13, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Ooo thankyou Melanie and WELCOME! I love seeing new readers!

• James Day says:
    January 13, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Hey there,

Firstly, a huge huge huge congratulations to you. I remember early on when we were talking about your dreams, I was so excited for you, but I had a feeling that it was going to be a tough road ahead. Most people who have huge dreams let them go because things get too tough. You’ve kept on going and have created such a wonderful warm, loving little corner of the internet. It makes me so happy to see you feature weddings that are more about the couple and not just about the decorations. You’ve got such a great balance however so that there is still plenty of inspiration for the readers.

As a professional wedding photographer who was married last month, I found myself on here at least 3 or 4 times a week looking for inspiration for so many things. On some other blogs I felt as though there was this pressure to have the super fancy wedding, whereas on this blog, it was just about appreciating the hand you’ll be holding that day. It was a breath of fresh air. Thank you.

I still get a buzz when I see my brand new wife (it’s been 40 days!!!) looking at your blog, just enjoying what you put together day after day.

All the best for your blindingly bright future.

James Day

• Gayle says:
    January 15, 2011 at 6:00 pm

4 years?! How wonderful, congratulations on your milestone. Such a beautiful blog and design and I have to say, one of my most favourite places online to get a regular dose of wedding high!

Thank you. 🙂

Gayle
    I Will Invitations

• Zoe says:
    January 20, 2011 at 9:12 am

I’m a little late, but congrats on four fabulous years! Visiting your blog is always a wonderful breath of fresh air and I have drawn so much inspiration from what you post. Look forward to all you have to offer in the 5th year!

🙂 Zoe
    Poppiseed Designs

Are you a robot or a human? Let us know by answering the below! *