Tea For Two – Vintage Party Hire

by | Bride, Favors and Decor, Reception, Wedding Inspiration

COMMENTS

I had a lovely discussion with friends the other night as to whether vintage was a trend – trends are something I find really hard to talk about on Polka Dot Bride, because I tend to focus on stories and the extra special touches couples put into their days. So is vintage a trend? I don’t think it is, as much as a pillar…. Vintage has always been present in weddings, couples have always paid homage to history – but it’s slowly emerging as something which couples want to include more and more. It’s always been there, but now we’re embracing more elements of it that appeal to us.

Something that I’ve loved seeing pop up lately is vintage party hire services.  I think it’s a such a special touch to host an afternoon tea featuring  vintage china and cucumber sandwiches, or serve your guests delicious Mojitos out of silver jugs, even eat off  different vintage plates. Here’s three of my favourite vintage party hire businesses and the divine things they offer!

‘A Vintage Affair’ Melbourne, Victoria

A Vintage Affair Vintage Hire Tea For Two Vintage Party Hire

From a huge range of gorgeous tea cups and saucers, silver tea sets, cake stands and accessories the girls at ‘A Vintage Affair’ hire out beautiful pieces for weddings, hen’s days and bridal showers. A Vintage Affair offers full service event styling in addition to their hire and also does a “high tea experience” which includes everything from the crockery to the catering to the games!

The Vintage Table, Perth, WA

The Vintage Table Vintage Hire Tea For Two Vintage Party Hire

The Vintage Table, based in Perth is a brand new business with a sense of history – owner Alison has been collecting vintage pieces for many many years and lending them for family and friend’s celebrations. Now they’re available to anyone for any type of occasion.. The Vintage Table is able to cater for up to 200 for a vintage high tea set up, 100 for a seated dinner and 150 for a cocktail function.  The Vintage Table has a number of packages – suitable for a high tea, dinner, even a dessert buffet. My favourites? The 1920s silver antique wedding cake plateau and Alison’s collection of over 200 champagne coupes!

A Vintage Party, Byron Bay NSW, and Brisbane QLD

A Vintage Party Crockery Hire1 Tea For Two Vintage Party Hire

A Vintage Party is owned by Marika (one of our lovely readers and brides) and is based out of coastal town Byron Bay. Marika’s love of vintage and handmade extended throughout the wedding where she sourced many vintage glass jars, glass bottles and the most delightful china floral patterned plates. Plus I love reading about Marika’s finds on her blog!

How are you incorporating history into your own wedding day? Have you found any fantastic suppliers helping you to create your vintage atmosphere?

COMMENTS
  • Alicia@Form Over Function
    Alicia@Form Over Function says:
    July 13, 2011 at 11:10 am

I love that these businesses have started. I have a treasure trove of vintage pieces in my own life….but could never, ever cope with hiring them out en masse. What if one broke! I love each and every piece for the stories and memories behind how I found them, where I found them, who they belonged to. I find it hard enough when we hire out from our range, which I also love!! Am I in the right business??? ;-).

• Flossie
    Flossie says:
    July 13, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Gosh we LOVE everything vintage here at Flos Florum. So many of our brides and grooms look to this theme to personalise their weddings. It’s so inspiring to see the emergence of Vintage Hire services. The topic of “vintage” has got our tongues wagging over our morning tea (the perfect excuse for muffins too!)… When it comes to wedding flowers, “vintage” themeing has been a constant and evolving style that seems to always inspire our brides. Here are Flos we love our vintage weddings and they do come with all sorts of sub-headings! Vintage can still mean latte toned, pretty flowers with soft muted foliages and delicately placed berries. But here are a few other vintage styles we’re had recently:
    ‘Rustic, country’ vintage featuring wooden crates and rusty milk churns brimming with robust blooms. ‘Art-deco’ vintage, with sleek, clean lines of phaleanopsis orchids.’ Provincial vintage’ with all things european from garden roses in milk bottles to enamel jugs full of delphinium.’Timeless’ vintage would not be complete without the inclusion of the quite perfect snow white gardenias. Quirky ‘retro’ vintage with vivid colours and textures create a fun, fun, fun atmosphere.’Victorian’ vintage sees structred decadence. The list is endless. Vintage styles allow brides and grooms the opportunity to include those sentimental elements that truly reflect the individual, making their wedding day a wonderfully personal experience. Well that’s what we think anyway.

• Polka Dot Bride talks Vintage Weddings | A Vintage Affair
    Polka Dot Bride talks Vintage Weddings | A Vintage Affair says:
    July 13, 2011 at 3:46 pm

[…] the full post here « As seen in Real Weddings […]

• art deco engagement rings
    art deco engagement rings says:
    July 14, 2011 at 8:31 pm

We just love the vintage look.. fantastic!

• keg hire
    keg hire says:
    July 17, 2011 at 9:51 pm

the tea cups are great

• Heather
    Heather says:
    August 23, 2011 at 6:24 am

My girlfriend just had her bridal shower in Brisbane with a vintage theme and was amazing!! I really didn’t know you could hire all this exquisite china and silver.
    She found “Fancy Tea” was able to provide everything – including the bunting and crystal vases too.
    A friend from her work had used Fancy Tea at her daughters ‘Mad Hatters Tea Party’ for everything and couldn’t speak highly enough of them.
    kisses. Heather.

• Gary
    Gary says:
    May 25, 2012 at 12:47 pm

In case anybody prefers a retro twist … contact Vintage Culture Melbourne … http://www.vintageculturemelbourne.com
    0409 033 383.

• MelBLuvly
    MelBLuvly says:
    December 22, 2012 at 9:13 am

If your looking for all things vintage for hire in Brisbane, you can’t go past Fancy Tea. I’ve found Rebecca to be incredibly helpful and her range is breath taking.

Mel.

• handmade gifts
    handmade gifts says:
    July 11, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really loved surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing for your rss feed and I’m hoping you write once more soon!

8 + = 16