Hello, Dotettes! I have one last project for you as part of this gorgeous shoot. These easy last-minute napkins are the perfect finishing touch to this beach-inspired setting.
You will need:
- Rough woven fabric
- Easy-cut (polymer sheets used for stencilling and screenprinting, from art shops, or substitute freezer paper)
- Acrylic paint
- Foam brush
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
1. Cut your fabric into squares approx 30x30cm. Leave the edges unhemmed for a casual, rustic look.
2. Draw a bunting outline on the easy-cut sheet.
3. Using your craft knife, slice out the triangle shapes.
4. Apply paint using the foam brush. I couldn’t show this in the photo as I need the other hand to operate the camera, but you’ll want to press down the polymer sheet close to the stencil to ensure a crisp edge. Set aside and repeat with remaining napkins.
After the big day, you can package up sets of napkins to give to your ‘maids and anyone who helped out. I did this with my DIY napkins after my own wedding and it went down a treat!
Ms Gingham says: Such a great theme and so many fantastic projects for all you keen DIYers out there. Change the theme using any shape, colour and fabric you like.
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.