Polka Dot Sneak Peek: Your Photographer

by | Polka Dot Sneak Peek, Weddings

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Polka Dot Bride
COMMENTS

polka dot sneak peek Polka Dot Sneak Peek: Your Photographer

Something I’ve always loved while writing Polka Dot Bride is getting a sneak peek of you, our readers, plans. From your dress, to your bouquet, to the sweet treats, You always blow me away with your amazing ideas so it’s time to introduce our second new column for Polka Dot Weddings – Polka Dot Sneak peek! Here you’ll be able to give me, our team and other marrieds to be a sneak peek at the suppliers you’re using, or the design you’ve chosen or something that you’re excited to show off.

Seeing as it’s engagement “season”, most of the “bigger” vendors are being chosen by you right now – venues are being inspected and dates being set. But what about your photographer? Who have you booked? Why do you love them and oh what is your absolute favourite image of theirs? I’m nosy, so if nothing else, give me something to sticky beak at this Friday morning!

COMMENTS
  • Erin Lilja
    Erin Lilja says:
    February 17, 2012 at 12:00 pm

As a naturally camera shy gal, it was so incredibly important to me to find a photographer that I trust implicitly for our wedding next year. Through my work as a wedding planner and stylist, I have been lucky enough to work with Sarah Wood (www.sarahwood.com.au) on many an occasion and didn’t think twice about asking her to shoot our big day. She is the epitome of professionalism, insight, creativity and intuition. Sarah is also just such a joy to be around (and makes me LAUGH!) and I know that she will shake the camera shy out of me so that I may relax and enjoy the day. I am so excited to have her as part of my little wedding team!

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      February 17, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Ooo Sarah did the gorgeous underwater shoot we showcased! and I love the shots she does for Georgeous Events! What a beautiful choice Erin! Can’t wait to see your photos!

• MsProcrastin8 says:
    February 17, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Hi Ms Polka Dot!
    I love this idea! We have booked the amazing photography duo at Tamiz Photography. We’re flying them over from Hawaii, to our wedding in Fiji, and they’re staying with us for the long weekend to capture all the celebrations. I found them by chance one day after we got engaged while looking for beach wedding images. Everyday they post sneak peeks from their GORGEOUS wedding, engagement and styled shoots on their Facebook page, and I honestly fall in love with their work more and more each day. I can’t wait to witness them working their magic on us in November!!!
    ~ MsProcrastin8

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      February 17, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I can’t wait to see the photos of your destination wedding! I love how Tamiz Photography capture the light- so perfect for a beach wedding!

As for our next sneak peek… I’m thinking shoes? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150661649552495&set=a.305610212494.178543.265471052494&type=1&theater

• MsProcrastin8 says:
        February 17, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Oh hell yes!!! Aren’t those shoes absolutely freakingly amazingly BEAUTIFUL?!!

Funny story…I’m actually toying with the idea of having 2 dresses now, because the dress I have (which is a Sue Wong stunner by the way) is very long and any shoes I wear with it will go unnoticed. If I have a cute little short one for the reception, then I can get a pair of shoes that will get the credit they deserve. And, this is the best part, that way I get to wear 2 pairs of shoes and 2 dresses!

Don’t you just love my justification? ;)

• Polka Dot Bride says:
          February 17, 2012 at 1:08 pm

See if you’re a shoe loving girl- I 100% support the finding of a second pair of shoes for a second dress :) Plus if it’s short you can go for something insanely beautiful and coloured like those apple green BHLDN ones (they had sunshine yellow ones too actually) This is coming from a shoe loving girl…

• MsProcrastin8 says:
    February 17, 2012 at 1:33 pm

OH.MY.GOD.

I’ve just been looking on the BHLDN site and I think I may have died and gone to heaven. New dilemma: HOW AM I GOING TO PICK JUST 2 PAIRS????

• Sarah
    Sarah says:
    February 17, 2012 at 10:13 pm

We’ve booked Lou from Sunny & Scout. I saw her stunning engagement photos of Emma (of Cinderella at Brindebella) on PDB and fell in love with her beautiful style and way of capturing mood and moments. Then I visited her website and read how the company was named after her two little girls and I knew I had to have her! She has been so lovely and helpful to deal with (especially as we are based in WA but marrying in Vic). Plus she told me she has magic umbrellas and it never rains at weddings when she takes her magic umbrellas. Not all photographers can offer that!

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      February 19, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I must admit I snuck in and saw Emma’s wedding photos (and am following Emma’s travels on her blog The Happy Campers, we miss her projects here on Polka Dot Made!) Sunny & Scout have such a beautiful gentleness to her work.

Are you marrying in the country Sarah?

• Sarah
        Sarah says:
        March 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Yes we are marrying in the country, at the base of the Alpines, in my fiance’s home town. Logistically it’s rather challenging organising a wedding in a tiny country town but it’s going to be so worth it! The location is very meaningful to us both and we couldn’t imagine marrying anywhere else. I can’t wait!

• Karen
    Karen says:
    February 18, 2012 at 11:10 pm

We have booked David Henry Photography and i’m so excited for our wedding photos! We booked David because we loved how his photos just capture such real moments (and absolutely beautiful ones at that). Craig and I as a couple aren’t really the biggest posers (well i guess i’m speaking mostly for Craig) but we really like the candid shots not posed and awkward. And our first meeting proved that our photos will definitely not be POSED or awkward! We clicked with David and got on really well and felt so comfortable from the start with his experience and knowledge and creative ideas and the service has been great the whole way through. Our engagement shoot was a bundle of fun and we have some really fun and gorgeous shots which just gives us even greater confidence for our wedding photos. Our wedding is going to be held at a farm with the ceremony taking place under some beautiful big old fig trees. We searched high and low for the right venue only to discover it 10 mins from our doorstep. I am looking forward to having some amazing photos under those trees and i think the farm will have some really different and original photo opportunities for us. I’m particularly keen to get some quirky photos involving furniture, kinda a “inside out” idea and am hoping to find a really cool vintage chaise lounge and put it in a big field of long grass. I just think the photos will be very glamorous and beautiful. Favourite photos??

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      February 19, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Fished you out of spam sorry Karen! (our system is still figuring out which links are blog friendly!)

You had me at “fig tree” it sounds absolutely beautiful! Love your ideas- it sounds like so much fun! Where are you marrying?

I love the lighting in this one http://www.davidhenryphotography.com.au/img/engagements/10.jpg

and of course the twirling bride here (though she holds a special place in my heart from when we featured her wedding!) http://www.davidhenryphotography.com.au/img/weddings/wedding5_13.jpg

• Karen
        Karen says:
        February 20, 2012 at 11:57 am

After searching high and low all over Sydney from watsons bay to campbelltown we found the most magical destination at Bella vista farm! It’s absolutely stunning. My dad issuing a little DIY sign posts for us and has also made some chalkboard table numbers and our wishing well for our reception so there are plenty of personal touches and details goig into the day. I can’t wait!

• Karen
    Karen says:
    February 20, 2012 at 12:06 pm

After searching high and low all over Sydney from watsons bay to campbelltown we found the most magical destination at Bella vista farm! It’s absolutely stunning. My dad is doing a bit of DIY sign posts for us to show the way to the ceremony and has also made some chalkboard table numbers and our wishing well for our reception so there are plenty of personal touches and details going into the day. I can’t wait!

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      March 16, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Oh Karen that sounds wonderful! I know that farm and irt is beautiful!

Who have you chosen as your photographer?

• Friday Roundup | Polka Dot Bride
    Friday Roundup | Polka Dot Bride says:
    February 20, 2012 at 1:48 pm

[…] showcased their engagement shootKatie and Tim share their gorgeous Overnewton Castle wedding with usIntroducing Polka Dot Sneak Peek – we’re looking for a sneak peek into the vendors you h…Around the wedding world this week…. Are you searching desperately for something for your […]

• Ame
    Ame says:
    March 6, 2012 at 10:15 pm

We found our amazing photographer through you! LOVE his work! Gray Photography.

He is young, fresh and so naturally talented. He is so down to earth and funny. He put us at ease immediately. We cannot rave about him enough!

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      March 7, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Hi Ame,
      That’s so exciting! Michael gray does some beautiful work! Are you married yet? Have you got any photos to share?

1 + = 2