Underwater Bride

by | Bridal Fashion, Bride, Inspiration Shoot, Wedding Inspiration

COMMENTS

Sometimes, a set of photos  lands in my inbox that is unlike anything a bride or groom might do. It’s not something that you can translate into your own wedding day, but it’s just so darn beautiful that you can’t help but feel inspired! I felt this way about the stunning shots from this latest artistic shoot from Sarah Wood – too much fun to pass up and just a sweet little treat to share with you!

Sarah collaborated with Sarah Wilkinson from Sinikka Floral Design on a chilly Melbourne day, Sarah put her wedding dress on (she eloped with her husband 18 months ago) and braved the icy cold water for a crazy and beautiful idea.

Sarah says “I love weddings, brides, flowers, water, the colours blue & white, and photography!……so this was  a natural progression and culmination of all those passions. Over time, I have slowly managed to find the right location, willing participant and assistant ( to relay my rapid messages and instructions back to Sarah, the bride).  She was underwater for 27 minutes. It was only when I went to talk to her on the surface that I saw how chilly she was….but still smiling away!”

Photographer: Sarah Wood / Model: Sarah Wilkinson / Flowers: Sinikka Floral Design

Want more? Check out these posts from the archives:

COMMENTS
  • Ms Gingham says:
    February 2, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Ohhh I LOVE this!!!

• Serge says:
    February 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I ♥ this also. What an absolutely beautiful, quasi trash the dress, without actually trashing the dress too much. Maybe a heated pool or indoor pool may help alleviate the chill factor in a similar shoot.

• Amma // Beyond Beyond says:
    February 3, 2012 at 3:44 am

Absolutely stunning images but then I love water!

• Becc says:
    February 3, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Beautiful images, beautiful bride…

• Megan says:
    February 7, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Wow, what incredible photos! Gorgeous bride, too.

• Beautiful Beach Weddings, Dreamy Garden Soirees & Sweet Australian Style! | Love Wed Bliss says:
    February 8, 2012 at 1:58 pm

[…] A wet and wonderful trash the dress session via Polka Dot […]

Are you a robot or a human? Let us know by answering the below! *