Jen Huang Workshop – Australian Waterside Wedding Inspiration

by | Bride, Inspiration Shoot, Wedding Inspiration

COMMENTS

I was so excited in January when the incredibly talented Jen Huang asked me to collaborate with her on a workshop she was holding in Western Australia’s Bunker Bay. We ran a competition for one couple to win a customised inspiration board (see it here) translated into a real life shoot with some of Perth’s most talented wedding vendors. Under the coordination of the brilliant Cathrin of CD Weddings, my custom inspiration board was turned into something incredibly beautiful.

Jen was kind enough to give away this beautifully styled shoot to the lucky couple. Sian & Ross were dreaming of an elegant waterside wedding and together we created an inspiration board for their wedding. Our talented team (coordinated by the lovely Cathrin of CD Weddings) created a beautiful inspiration shoot styled from the board.

The styled shoot and our winning couple Sian and Ross were photographed by Jen and the workshop attendees in between lessons and classes from Jen. The shoot was inspired by my board – a relaxed waterside wedding paying homage to the couple’s love of elegant beauty, Ross’ rowing background, their black and white colour scheme and their dream of a cheese table at their wedding.

A big thank you to the fantastic vendors involved – Cathrin of CD Weddings, Bunkers Beach House, Dizzy Wizzy DesignZinnia Floral Design, Samantha Wynne Design , Creations by Kassy,  Bride + Groom Store & Hire Society.

PS. Jen Huang is headed back to Australia in August – to Sydney (and rumour has it, there might be another collaboration in the works!) find out more here.

Photographer: Jen Huang Photography / Shoot Stylist & Cooridnator: CD Weddings / Venue: Bunkers Beach House / Invitations & Stationery: Dizzy Wizzy Design / Flowers & Decor: Zinnia Floral Design / Bride’s Dress: Samantha Wynne Design / Hair & Maleup: Creations by Kassy / Rental Furniture: Bride + Groom Store / Linen: Hire Society
COMMENTS
  • Z
    Z says:
    April 17, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Sian, you look absolutely radiant. What a spectacular shoot!

• Jen Huang
    Jen Huang says:
    April 17, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Oh my what an amazing post… sending love to everyone in Australia!

• Sian
    Sian says:
    April 17, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Jen, the images look just magical. You are a star and I’m so lucky to have met you and everyone else involved in the shoot xx

• Tamara Nicole
    Tamara Nicole says:
    April 17, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Oh my goodness this is perfect! What a fun shoot:)

• Cathrin D'Entremont says:
    April 17, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Such a fabulous opportunity to be part of it. A lifetime memory for me. Meeting and working with talented and like minded people was so wonderful. Ms Polka thank you for everything.

• Jess R
    Jess R says:
    April 17, 2012 at 4:37 pm

oh wow AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! What a dream come true it would be to attend a Jen Huang workshop, she’s one of my absolute fave photographers.

• Ms Paisley says:
    April 17, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Wow. This is so beautiful! Congrats to all of the team involved on the project. How exciting 🙂

• Jen Huang Workshop – Bunker Bay | Angela Higgins – Perth Wedding and Lifestyle Photographer
    Jen Huang Workshop – Bunker Bay | Angela Higgins – Perth Wedding and Lifestyle Photographer says:
    April 17, 2012 at 5:04 pm

[…] few of my favourites that I captured from our styled shoot on our last day. There are heaps more on Polka Dot Bride and at Jen’s blog featuring all of Jen’s work from the shoot with the fabulous Sian and […]

• Angela Higgins says:
    April 17, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Oh my gosh! This has brought back some lovely memories! What fantastic images and thank you Jen for visiting us down under 🙂 xx

• Wedding Invitations
    Wedding Invitations says:
    April 17, 2012 at 6:28 pm

*sigh* this is such a beautiful wedding. I love everything about it. I want my wedding to be like this. Seriously, so very beautiful. The wedding stationery, so classy! Wow, congrats! <3

• Zinnia Floral Designs
    Zinnia Floral Designs says:
    April 17, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Thank you so much Ms Polka Dot for such a beautiful blog. I loved every minute of our time at Bunker Bay and could not be happier with the way Jen has captured all of our work. Feel totally blessed to be part of such a great shoot!!! Natalie x

• Thea
    Thea says:
    April 17, 2012 at 10:21 pm

So gorgeous!!! I am so honored to have my hair pieces and belt be a part of the Workshop, I couldn’t have dreamed up something more beautiful! Congrats on an amazing shoot!!!

• willow art company
    willow art company says:
    April 18, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Love it all, really beautiful soft images and details are all style!

• Jen Huang Workshop « Cathrin D'Entremont Weddings
    Jen Huang Workshop « Cathrin D'Entremont Weddings says:
    April 18, 2012 at 4:50 pm

[…] year Ms Polka from Polka Dot Bride had asked me to help her in creating a Style Shoot at Bunker Bay Western […]

• Jen Huang Workshop | Sunshine Coast Film Photographer
    Jen Huang Workshop | Sunshine Coast Film Photographer says:
    May 1, 2012 at 2:10 pm

[…] shoot which was coordinated by the lovely Miss Polka and featured on her very popular wedding blog here (with all the lovely contributors details) and this is Jen’s coverage on her blog here. […]

• Creations By Kassy – Rebranding Project « THE ARTICULATE
    Creations By Kassy – Rebranding Project « THE ARTICULATE says:
    September 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm

[…] Kassy Wong is a Perth and Manila-based Hair and Make Up Artist, whose extraordinary eye for beauty and style had established Creations By Kassy. Her credentials and reputation in the Wedding industry had brought her to collaboration projects, such as one featured in Polkadot Bride in the ‘Bunker Bay Inspiration Shoot‘. […]

• Jen Huang Workshop »
    Jen Huang Workshop » says:
    February 5, 2013 at 1:35 am

• Inspired by this Glamorous Australian Wedding Shoot - Be Inspired PR
    Inspired by this Glamorous Australian Wedding Shoot - Be Inspired PR says:
    January 11, 2014 at 4:54 am

[…] Bay styled wedding workshop, which was captured by the lovely Jen Huang in collaboration with the Polka Dot Bride. As a reward for winning a competition, the couple participated in this wedding session, which […]

• unique invitations
    unique invitations says:
    April 3, 2014 at 8:06 pm

I was so inspired with this shoot that I request my photographer to make time to shoot us just before we go to the reception. love the backdrop and the effects. 🙂

• online wedding cards
    online wedding cards says:
    June 24, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Entire wedding ceremony looks fabulous. Special Credit goes to photographer and his Camera.