This has to be one of the easiest and most fun DIY projects! Chalkboard table numbers are such a fun way to add a personal touch to your tables (because why stop at numbers? Name your tables anything you like!) but we loved the idea so much that Ms Gingham and I turned it into a DIY project for our recent TV segment!
What You’ll Need:
– Chalkboard Paint
– Chalkboard Marker or chalk
– Wooden Shape
1. The first thing you need to do is determine the shape of your “number” and the length of your dowel. Spotlight sells “Heart wands” with the dowel and heart shape already attached, but if you need to do these yourself, or want to try a different shape you’ll need to purchase your own shapes and glue them onto the dowel.
2. Ensuring your shape is smooth, paint on the chalkboard paint as instructed. The makers recommend two thin coats.
3. Leave to dry and cure for six hours.
4. You can use chalk or chalkboard marker for this project. Ms Gingham picked up a chalkboard marker and I have to say, if you are transporting your numbers, then the marker and it’s sticking power is definitely the better option!
5. Write your number, name or quote onto your “chalk board”.
6. To help your table numbers stand up in your vases or vessels, stick them into a stack of florist’s foam.
You don’t have to be limited to one shape! Maybe you could put a heart for your table number and one saying “The Sweethearts Table” or “The Family Table”. The best part about these is that if you don’t like what you’ve done, you can wash it off, rub it out and re do it!
Photography by Ms Polka Dot
Ms Gingham says: We had so much fun putting together this little DIY segment for The Circle at Channel 10 and although I wasn’t invited to be a guest “on the couch” (clearly an oversight) our DIY expertise is sure to impress! Hehe!
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: