When I think of a Bloody Mary, I think of ‘the morning after the night before’. This drink is a well known, and much loved hang-over cure. But, it’s also a wonderful choice for brunches, lunches and afternoon teas.
This recipe is a little different from your traditional Bloody Mary and along with Vodka and tomato juice it also incorporates the wonderful fiery North Africian hot red paste, Harissa. This is an exciting twist on a classic drink.
– 75ml Vodka
– 250ml Tomato Juice
– 1 teaspoon Harissa Paste
– Juice of 2 Limes
– Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
1. Mix the harissa paste, lime juice and vodka together till the paste is evenly distributed
2. Add tomato juice and stir to combine
3. Add ice cubes
4. Season with salt and black pepper
5. Garnish with a fresh crispy celery stick
Photography by Nicky McLauchlan
Ms Gingham says: Yum!
About Ms Lace: A Brisbane girl who writes the inspiring wedding blog, Chasing Rainbows Kissing Frogs which showcases ideas, vendors and weddings from around the world. Having lived everywhere from Paris to Beirut and Saudi Arabia, the only language Ms Lace is fluent in is weddings. “Weddings make me giddy!”
Ms Lace writes regularly for the blog. Read her previous posts here.