Wedding Midnight Snacks

by | Bride, Catering, Reception

COMMENTS

I think there is nothing better than being at a wedding, dancing your heart out and suddenly? Out come platters of delicious food that give you just a little more energy to dance until dawn.

Midnight snacks at a wedding are a brilliant way to keep your guests’ energy level up but it’s also a fun way to bring out your favourite food that you might not have considered serving during dinner (cheeseburgers? french fries? doughnuts?). Consider making the portions bite size so they’re easy to eat between songs!

Stuck for ideas? Let my stomach grumble as I ramble off my favourites – grilled cheese with shot glasses of tomato soup, mini burgers, shot glasses filled with french fries covered in tomato sauce, ice cream, tiny chocolate chip cookies with milk, doughnut holes,  mini hot dogs, Hot chocolate, curry with poppadums, pikelet stacks with fresh berries, party pies and cocktail frankfurters (you may laugh but these are always the first to go at any party, let’s be honest!), mini tacos, macaroni & cheese, baked potatoes, meatballs, sausage rolls.. the list goes on!

What would you serve?

mini wedding food Wedding Midnight Snacks

1. Mini ice cream photo by  j. bird photography via Style Me Pretty 2. Mini pies from Martha Stewart Weddings 3. Mini grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup from Fresh Tart 4.  Photo from Bite by Bite: 100 Stylish Little Plates You Can Make for Any Party by Peter Callahan via Bridal Guide 5 Photo from Bite by Bite: 100 Stylish Little Plates You Can Make for Any Party by Peter Callahan via Bridal Guide 6. Mini pancake stack from Instyle Weddings 7. Mini grilled cheese & tomato soup from Oh Happy Day! 8. Photo from Bite by Bite: 100 Stylish Little Plates You Can Make for Any Party by Peter Callahan via Bridal Guide 9. Mini biscuits and milk from Martha Stewart Weddings 10. Mini doughnuts and coffee from Martha Stewart Weddings 11. Mini macaroni and cheese from Martha Stewart Weddings 12 Photo from Bite by Bite: 100 Stylish Little Plates You Can Make for Any Party by Peter Callahan via Bridal Guide 13. Mini cheeseburgers and fries from The Breakers

COMMENTS
  • MsProcrastin8 says:
    May 18, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I love this idea! Ben and I have been toying with the idea of having a burrito bar for our reception…but to bring it out as a midnight snack option is PERFECT! Keep everyone’s bellies full so their feet can keep moving! :)

~ Katie aka MsProcrastin8

• Ms Gingham says:
    May 18, 2012 at 5:44 pm

What a lovely post Ms Polka Dot!!! Love the tomato soup, burgers, donuts… oh sod it… I love it all!!!!

• Mark says:
    May 18, 2012 at 7:43 pm

What a great idea. I L*O*V*E them all. I’m not married (yet) but I snack most midnights. Thanks for these great ideas :)

• Miss L says:
    May 19, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Yum! Shots of soup with grilled cheese.
    We are having a midnight snack cookie bar with take home boxes and all the favourites.
    I’ll send pics!

• Leah
    Leah says:
    May 21, 2012 at 10:05 am

Awesome idea!! Especially for those who have guests that may be a little “tired & emotional” at this time of the evening!! Cookies & cream on a stick– GET OUT!

• Miss Rustique
    Miss Rustique says:
    May 22, 2012 at 2:06 pm

My sister has just built a pizza oven at our parents house where we are having the wedding- so midnight wood fired pizzas for all!

• Aaron of Canberra
    Aaron of Canberra says:
    May 26, 2012 at 1:13 pm

The presentation of these goodies is superb. Makes me hungry looking at them :)

• Bella Eventi by Olivia George
    Bella Eventi by Olivia George says:
    July 12, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I recently did a blog about these yummy food ideas. Is that apple and caramel I see? Yum!!!

• 5 Surprising Ways to Make Your Wedding Food Delightful | Fizara
    5 Surprising Ways to Make Your Wedding Food Delightful | Fizara says:
    August 7, 2013 at 11:52 am

[...] Polka Dot Bride has some great suggestions as does Martha Stuart [...]

• creative writing exercises
    creative writing exercises says:
    March 9, 2014 at 4:43 am

What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it
    has aided me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & assist other customers like its aided me.
    Good job.