One of the things I love to see at weddings is something that isn’t white – I love white along with the best of them. All white weddings are stunning and the crispness of white is beautiful. But show me a coloured table linen? And I’m yours! They can change the entire feel of a room!
One of our lovely Dotties requested inspiration for using different coloured table linens at her wedding and I thought a delicious roundup of table linens would be just the ticket for today.
Most wedding venues will be able to hire in coloured linens for you but also try wedding planners and stylists who have access to the most beautiful linens- shot silks, ruffles, damasks, in every colour and hue of the rainbow (plus they’ll know how to tie it all together, lest you get a little overwhelmed by the incredible options out there).
Today’s roundup? It’s just the tip of a table linen iceberg, there’s so much out there. I’d love to see what you’re using!
Brown and taupes are one of my favourites. They’re still neutral like white, but they have a little something extra to them and ground complimentary colours so much better! Of course there’s also the dark chocolate shade (which looks gorgeous with duck egg blues or greens).
1. Styling by Form Over Function Photo by Matt Johnson 2. Photo by Jessica Claire via Inspired By This 3 & 4 Styling by Form Over Function Photo by Blumenthal Photography 5. Photo by Hansel Dobbs via Inspired By This
Red & pinks are so versatile- red can be bold, or fresh and pink can be festive or softly sweet for Spring!
1. Photo & styling by The Bridal Collective 2. Photo by Leo Patrone via Inspired By This 3. Photo by Elizabeth Messina, styling by Mindy Weiss 4. Photo by Pictilio via Style Me Pretty 5. Photo by Martha Stewart Weddings 6. Photo by Sarzy O Photography via Soft Pink Wedding Inspiration
Blues are always fresh- they can be something completely modern when paired with bolds (like poppy red, velvet yellow) or can be beautiful at seaside weddings. Midnight blue is at the other end of the spectrum and lends itself to rich colours like rich coppery oranges, deep apple greens and even pewter greys.
1. Styling by Cathrin DEntremont Weddings, photo by NK Photography 2. Photo by Climie and Co via Every Last Detail 3 & 4 Styling by Cathrin DEntremont Weddingss photo by Samm Blake 5. Photo by Echard Wheeler Photography via The Brides Cafe
Green is a gorgeous colour and choice for tables- it can evoke a fresh, spring feeling, but can also be paired with taupes, chocolates and even cream to make it more earthy.
1. Styling by Form Over Function Photo by Blumenthal Photography 2 Photo by Mallory Samson via Veranda Magazine 3. Photo by Traci Griffin via Snippet & Ink 4. Photo by Pure Sugar Studios via Every Last Detail 5 & 6 Styling by Cathrin DEntremont Weddings, photo by NK Photography
Oh yellow, how I love thee! Bright and bold is so fresh and warm- spring or summer! Soft buttercup yellow can be such a beautiful choice for a spring wedding, something even early in the day like brunch!
Don’t stop at solids either, I love to see patterns on tables! There’s stripes for starters which can give a modern or nautical feel to an event.
1. Styling by Form Over Function Photo by Photography By Anliette 2. Photo by Annie Edmonds via Green Wedding Shoes 3. Photo by Bobby Earle via Style Me Pretty 4. Photo by Troy and Aimee Grover via Grey Likes Weddings 5. Photo by Anne Robert Photography via Style Me Pretty 6. Photo from Linenme via Frolic
But there’s so many other patterns to try too! Chevron, damask, gingham, paisley!
1. Photo by Grace Happens 2. Photos by Tiffany Kirchner Dixon via Decor8 3 & 4 Styling by Form Over Function Photo by Tealily Photography 5. Photo by Katherine O’Brien Photography via Style Me Pretty 6. Photo by Meg Smith & Associates, Kristen L. via Snippet & Ink 7. Photo by Mark Brooke Photographers via Wedding Chicks
And then of course there’s orange and grey and purple and black and .. so many possibilities! What is your favourite? What’s your pick?