1. Wedding planners! – If every wedding I did had a planner – or an on-the-day co-ordinator, everything would run smoothly. And to time. Nobody would be stressed or worried. The whole experience would be completely relaxed for the people who should be enjoying it most – the bride and groom.And that makes everyone happy! Image of Jennifer Kennedy from Bells N Whistles
2. Butterfly Philosophy Floral styling – Elaine of Butterfly Philosophy does the most beautiful flowers. And she’s super sweet. I love her vintage styling, and her way with colour. Most of all, I love the bride’s gasps of delight when she sees her bouquet for the first time. Beautiful, glorious things make us happy. Flower image by Jeremy Beasley Photography / Image of Elaine by Silk Truffle Photography
3. I love Wednesdays – Milena‘s glorious light-filled photos tell beautifully real stories. She captures the ceremony, with all the emotion and the joy it deserves. (This bit matters the most to me!) Nothing fake or posed, just real people, with real feelings in the most glorious of moments. (It’s a bonus that she is easy-going and delightful to work with!). Image by I Love Wednesdays
4. I love Starlettos! Those little rubber things that you pop over your stiletto heel to protect them from dirt – and sinking into grass – are fantastic! The anti-slip surface on the base is also great for preventing dance-floor disasters……. Image from Starlettos
5. Amy Chan Hair and Makeup Artistry – If only I had Amy to make me look good every day…… I send loads of my girls to Amy, not just because she makes them up to look absolutely like themselves, just more glorious, she is fast and fabulous. The bride is always glowing if Amy is doing the makeup. And that makeup will last for hours…… Image by Daniel K Cheung
Robyn Pattison says: “I am quite possibly the happiest marriage celebrant in Sydney! Weddings are my thing! Nothing makes me happier than a really happy couple – every time.”
Read more wise words by Robyn here.