Image via flickr
1. What is your favourite Christmas food?
Honey Glazed Leg of Ham!
2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
The Polar Express! I love the magic of Christmas and this movie portrays it brilliantly!
3. Your favourite Christmas drink?
Christmas Fruit Punch!
4. Is there something you love to do every Christmas?
Eat, Eat and Eat 🙂
5. Do you have any Christmas family traditions?
Christmas Lights! Each year my family deck out our houses with Christmas lights. We also love driving around the neighbourhood to see other Christmas light displays!
6. Do you have a favourite shop that you visit at Christmas time?
I love shopping local as I think it’s extremely important to support local businesses!!
7. Do you bake at Christmas time? If yes, what are your favourite things to bake? Would you share the recipe?
Being an (ex) Chef I love to bake especially around Christmas – I love Gingerbread Houses and try to create something different each year. Last year I did a Gingerbread Train for my son, this year it will probably be a Gingerbread Pirate Ship because he loves Pirates!
250g Soften Butter
1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 cup of Treacle – (you can also use Golden Syrup but Treacle gives the Gingerbread a richer flavour)
5 cups of Plain Flour – Sifted
2 tablespoons of Ginger (you can add an extra tablespoon if you prefer a stronger ginger taste)
2 teaspoons of Mixed Spice
2 teaspoons of Bi Carb Powder
Cream Butter and Sugar
Add Treacle – Mix until combined
Add Eggs – Mixture will curdle but mix until combined
Add dry ingredients – Mix until combined
Trnasfer Misture to bench and knead until smooth
Wrap in gladwrap and leave to rest in Fridge for 30 minutes
Tip:- Roll the gingerbread between two sheets of greaseproof paper (makes it easier to roll and transfer to the baking tray.)
8. Where will you be spending Christmas this time of year?
With my family in Noosa!
9. Where does Santa leave presents in your house?
Under the Christmas Tree and in the Christmas Stockings!
10. What do you leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve?
Milk and Bikkies and Carrots for the reindeers!
11. Finally, do you think you’re on Santa’s naughty or nice list and why?
I’m hoping I’m on the nice list but you never know, I may just end up with a potato in my stocking!