Well it’s the year 2013 but 2012 wasn’t that long ago was it? So until we get back from our Christmas break and get 2013 well and truly underway, here’s a little wrap up of the top posts that we saw in 2012 on Polka Dot Weddings!
1. Our Perth Picnic Wedding. Lisa wrote about her wedding to Phil in August. Their wedding was held in Perth with the ceremony taking place under a tree with a relaxed, rustic picnic vibe. Photography was by Ruby Yeo.
2. A Rustic Chic Blue Mountains Wedding. Eliska married Aaron in a stunning rustic Blue Mountains wedding. Eliska said of her bouquet “I love my bridal bouquet! It was handmade by my best friend from different fabrics and ribbons. Best thing is that I get to keep it afterwards.” Photography was by Sayher Heffernan.
3.Chris and Lauren’s Vintage Garden Party Wedding. Lauren describes her wedding to Chris: “Chris and I had the most perfect day, surrounded by our closest friends and family. We could not have asked for anything more and will remember our wedding day always.” Images captured by Rae Marie Threnoworth.
4.Elegant Waterside Melbourne Wedding. Lucy’s wedding to Chris was an intimate, elegant affair by the Yarra in Melbourne. With photography by Chris Garbacz from CGI Studios.
5. Erin & Graham’s Autumn Wedding In The Forest! Erin wrote about her wedding to Graham: “We had the most beautiful spot for our ceremony, amongst the huge hundred-year old forest trees with kookaburra’s that laughed during our ceremony, and allowed the sun to shine through the trees during our vows on a day that was a perfect 28 degrees! ” Photography was by Hynesite Photography.
6. Anthony and Wendy’s Southern Highlands Wedding. Wendy and Anthony had an outdoor vintage ceremony. Wendy wrote: “My dad walked me down the aisle to Yann Tiersen’s ‘Je suis jamais alle‘ from Amelie. We really wanted our guests to have fun from the word go and as movies and music inspire our everyday lives, we made them a big part of our wedding. One of my favourite memories is waiting behind a tree with my dad and hearing our guests laugh and cheer at each different song.” Images were captured by Gemma Clarke.
8. Emma and Alex’s Rustic Rainy Brisbane Wedding. We followed Emma’s story from engagement and hen’s night through to her wedding so this one is close to our hearts! Emma wrote of her wedding to Alex: “I can’t believe how quickly the day went! I woke up and felt it was all a dream. They say it’s good luck if it rains on your wedding day; well we were VERY lucky, as it didn’t really stop! Your wedding day is the greatest day of your life – rain, hail or shine. Oh and your dress will get cleaned and come up as good as new!”. The talented Stewart Ross captured their day.
9.Clare and Jarrod’s Simple White And Green Daylesford Wedding. Clare wrote about meeting Jarrod and their journey to their wedding day. A snippet: “The time after the ceremony and before the reception is just the funnest time, I had this amazing feeling of over whelming happiness and then this excitement for what the rest of the night would bring.” Images by Bridelicious.
11. Emma And George’s Elegant Fusion Wedding. Emma wrote about her Catholic/Macedonian wedding. She said: “I remember I was so happy when we walked into the reception, I actually SKIPPED! To have so many people cheering and wishing us well was very moving.” Photography was by Maree Demiris.
12. You Are My Sunshine – Sandra and Sean’s Handmade Country Wedding. Sandra married Sean in a Gold Coast country wedding. She said: “We had the time of our life. Seriously, it was amazing. Our wedding day was filled with magic, laughter, tears, and interpretive dance moves.” Photography was by Katie Mitchell Photography.