Hearts and red are unequivocally Valentine’s Day to me and combined with a little glass of bubbles? I think this might be my favourite Valentine’s Day cocktail ever! It’s so easy to prepare in advance and as the bubbles fizz over the frozen pomegranate and raspberries, the flavour fully comes to life.
The key part of this cocktail? Creating heart shaped ice cubes for all that fruit flavoured goodness!
– Three pomegranates – this amount will have filled the ice cube tray a couple of times (or pomegranate juice)
– Castor sugar
– 12 fresh raspberries
– Ice cube tray (we found this fun one at Ikea)
– Chilled pink bubbles of your choice (we used Brown Brothers Vintage Sparkling Moscato Rosa – which also comes in a 200ml size, perfect for just filling the two coupes and go back for seconds)
1. Squeeze the juice from the pomegranates. (You’ll need strong hands for this, but the taste makes up for the effort – or use bottled pomegranate juice!)
2. Add a small amount of sugar to a saucepan and pour in the pomegranate juice. (Omit this step if using bottled pomegranate juice).
3. Stir over low heat to dissolve the sugar. Taste and adjust sugar to desired sweetness. Cool.
4. Put a fresh raspberry in each ice cube and pour cooled pomegranate syrup over the top to fill each heart shape.
5. Set overnight in the freezer.
6. Place a pomegranate icecube in a pretty glass. We used old fashioned champagne coupes.
7. Pour over the Sparkling Moscato and watch a pale pink fizz become the prettiest raspberry colour as the ice cubes start to melt. And the taste? Divine!
Images by Ms Polka Dot. Brown Brothers Minis were sent to Polka Dot Bride for editorial consideration in accordance with our disclosure policy.