Using different linens has always been an easy way to mix up table styling but they are dominating weddings now more than ever before. Regardless of your style there is bound to be a pattern that lifts your decor to a new level…you know, the level that leaves your guests utterly impressed?
If you love mixing up your textures and patterns the following tips are for you.
1. Stay in your lane. Pair contemporary linens with contemporary styling. Rustic linens with rustic styling and so on. If for example you are hosting a more contemporary/modern wedding, beautifully thick black and white striped tablecloths are always a favourite and work with most colour palettes. Chevron is also a popular choice and can be found in a variety of colours and textures (think sequins!).
2. If you love stripes, then opt for thick over thin. This will give you more impact as thin stripes often make a table setting look too busy. If thin stripes are your preference then try to keep the rest of your styling as simple as possible.
3. iKat is the new chevron and in my mind is perfect for Moroccan-inspired settings. There’s something about the way the colours effortlessly blend into each other that sets it apart from chevron.
4. Don’t be scared of bold colours! When done correctly, mixing bright colours can really create that WOW factor. Just make sure there is some balance through either the stationery or perhaps the vases for the floral arrangements.
5. For weddings with a classic approach go back to basics but try to steer away from stark white linens. Instead try luxurious beige or off-white linens, traditional damask patterns or textured linens like lace.
Remember, it’s never going to hurt to try something. If you’re unsure, create a mockup or ask your vendors to provide one for you. This is a great opportunity to make some tweaks, find the right balance and get creative!
P.S. If you don’t think you can take the plunge with tablecloths or runners consider patterned or coloured napkins. These can add an unexpected but impressive touch to your tablescape.
Ms Gingham says: Great advice by the styling expert!
About Victoria Cameron: Based in Queensland, Australia, Victoria Cameron has been specialising in wedding and event management for many years and takes delight in planning and designing events at your destination of choice. Our sense of style, attention to detail and warm personalities allow the team at Victoria Cameron to create beautiful and personalised events that are not only memorable but always exceeding our client’s expectations.
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: