Did you love the gorgeous book style wedding invitations Lyndsay from It’s A Date Event Design created this morning on Polka Dot Bride? Well here’s her free scrabble letter download so you can print them out and have some fun with a classic favourite board game! Click here to download the free PDF.
Stuck on how to use them? Here’s some ideas
- Print them out and stick onto favors as place cards
- Jazz up your invitations
- Print them out and stick onto wrapped blocks of chocolate for a delicious treat
- Print onto edible rice paper and stick onto cakes for a wordsmith couple
- Print and cut dozens of sets out as a backdrop to a photobooth
- Use the letters and create signs for your lolly buffet
- Spell out your table names in the letters and place in a frame on each table
- Print out the guest’s initial on heavy card and tie with baker’s twine or brown string around their napkin and a fun napkin ring
- Create a non floral boutonniere for the groom!
The lovely Krissie of MissieKrissie sent this download over a few months ago to share with Polka Dot Bride readers. A bit of a fun twist on the traditional seating cards, it’s fun little way to get guests talking!
Check out her post for the full set of downloads free for you!
As we get closer (I promise!) to rolling out our contributor feature and populating our specialty blogs with all kinds of lovely words, my attention is turning to all the DIY projects I’ve had in store for so long and I’m starting to pore over the links I’ve had saved for months and months!
Baker’s Twine has been popping up around the internet for a while now, but I have to say it is one of those items I have fallen headfirst for! Not only is it eco friendly, it just has this nice way of adding a special touch to projects.
I was delighted when I found US store The Twinery. With bakers twine in all kinds of colours (lemondrop, maraschino, peapod, mandarin & more). Wouldn’t this Twine Lover Pack look sweet on a white shelf?
The Twinery even ships internationally, hurrah!
Photo via Elizabeth Anne Designs
Photo via Once Wed
Photo via 100 Layer Cake
Brown paper packages tied up with string… these are a few of my favourite things…