With so many grooms wanting to perfect a look that’s really theirs, we’re always eager to see what designers bring out in their new collections and the Calibre Autumn/Winter 2015 collection is sure to impress.
This season, we see refined suits in strong tones of navy and petrol; combined with deep winter colours of lilac, merlot, jade and almond, these cooler tones really come to life.
The suits (with a new addition to the collection – the stretch suit developed in Italy for comfort and style) are a nod to the 1970’s gentlemen. Slim and tapered silhouettes go with wider lapels whilst defined shoulders and checked shirts with bolder, bigger patterns highlight the wearer’s up to date choice.
So on trend to complete the Calibre Autumn Winter 2015 collection are classic trenches, statement blazers and leather jackets. All available in store now – hard to choose just one really!
Tailor-made suit options for your wedding, whilst a little more expensive, allow you to choose exactly what you desire with respect to style, fabric, colour, composition/quality and most importantly fit. Our range at Black Jacket Suiting includes two types of tailor-made suiting options each with over 750 fabrics and lining variants to choose from!
A tailor made suit that fits well is a result of excellent workmanship and attention to detail. Before you make a decision on your tailor, here are a few of important tips to consider:
1. Suit Fit is the most important aspect of any suit. You should focus on getting the shoulders of the jacket fitting properly as well as the upper thighs of the trousers. Keep in mind the shapes and sizes of your wedding party – larger men will not fit a slim cut off the rack product.
2. Alterations can be your best friend. Most people don’t realize how much impact small changes a decent tailor can make to a suit to improve the overall look. Remember – suiting is like cutting a piece string; you can always make it shorter or slimmer!
3. Simplicity is the key when thinking about weddings. Trying too hard is easily noticeable – always try to complement outfits rather than matching them.
4. Research needs to be done before you think about visiting a suit store. Figure out what looks work with your wedding style and what complements your bride’s and bridal party’s attire.
5. Style and presentation is an imperative aspect of any wedding day. Remember, it is your special day too and time to stand out on your own as well.
Ms Chinoiserie Says: I love a well tailored suit- these are great tips on how to achieve the perfect look!
About Black Jacket Suiting: With our passion for suiting, we endeavour to attain the right fit, style and price for every one of our clients; we pride ourselves on combining the highest level of customer service with product diversity and affordable prices.
Nothing beats a well cut tailored suit, but what makes it even better is the addition of a bold and contemporary accessory to make the ultimate wedding statement.
The trend that’s got me weak at the knees this season is the fresh flower bow tie (think bridesmaids’ wrist corsages but for fashion-forward grooms and groomsmen).
This chic trend first caught my eye when the ever stylish manager at Brisbane’s hottest wedding photography studio, Milque Photography, took out a coveted fashion title on Melbourne Cup Day for his fresh floral bow tie. Michael Taylor created an eye-catching bow tie with his favourite florist, Angie’s Floral Design, which saw him crowned ‘Most Stylish Gentleman’.
“My idea was to design something that was masculine but that still looked beautiful,” Michael said. The vibrant colour palette and unique innovative style was an instant hit and quite the conversation starter! Michael’s is certainly at the forefront of fashion with his modern alternative to the classic bow tie.
So, whether you are planning a contemporary, country or beach chic wedding, there’s definitely a place for a bold and beautiful fresh flower bow tie that will have your guests saying ‘Darling, you’re looking blooming fabulous!”