One of the benefits of a bespoke, custom-made suit is that you are able to choose a colour, fabric and style that not only suits you but matches back perfectly with your wedding theme as Luke remembered when looking back on his relaxed South Coast wedding.
“I wore a custom suit by Sam Surin. It was a royal/navy blue and I loved how it was a bit different to the standard black/grey/blue suit. I also chose champagne ties with polka dots, pale blue shirts with gold accessories and brown shoes and belts.”
Getting ready for your big day is such an important time to share with your best mates – reminiscing about times past and the excitement of what the future as a married man will bring. At gm photographics, they are some of our favourite moments to capture – so let’s have a look at some of our tips and thoughts about how to make these photographic memories special ones to cherish.
1. Make sure the rooms are clean and tidy – assign a friend or family member to tidy up as you want to make sure you and the location look great in photos.
2. Practice button holes – often no one knows how they go on and it can waste valuable photography time!
3. Clean all mirrored surfaces as we often use them for reflections.
4. Have all of the small details ready for photography – rings, bow ties, button holes, shoes, socks, watches, gifts, speeches, love notes, cufflinks, cologne and suits.
5. Have sunglasses for everyone – they are handy for some great shots outside!
6. Family photos can be done here and do save some time later on after the ceremony. If you can get family together at this time it is a good idea.
7. Think about including your beloved pet.
8. Boys need to remember to empty their pockets for the photos – we don’t want to see keys, wallets and mobile phones as you will really notice them in the final shots.
9. Know what time the cars or bikes are arriving and make sure there is plenty of time to have photographs with them.
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Such great advice – the tips about buttonholes and emptying pockets are such good ones!
About gm photographics: Our handpicked team of photographers have an innate ability to connect and capture. With a photo-journalistic style, we absolutely love what we do! Together with our dedicated in-house creative team, we’ll help you plan the perfect shoot and ensure it flows flawlessly. Our award-winning photography is all about you. Your wedding. Your family. Your special someone.
With the increasing popularity of these very debonaire accessories, our wonderful little tips for folding the perfect pocket square will ensure our well-groomed gentlemen are looking dapper on their wedding days!
1. Presidential Pocket Square Fold
Start by placing the pocket square face down unfolded and flat.
Fold the left side over to meet the right.
Fold the bottom of the square up to meet the top.
And there you go! Simple, and yet incredibly stylish!
To read more about this pocket square (and how to match it) have a look at this!
6. Winged Puff Pocket Square Fold
Start by placing the pocket square face down, fully unfolded and flat on a diagonal angle. Make sure that one corner is facing towards you (or down) and the opposite corner is the other way (or up)
Fold the top corner down to meet the bottom corner.
Fold the edges into the middle. They should meet there.
Fold the left, right, and bottom edges toward the middle.
And there you have it! Another perfect fold!
Photographic image via M.J. Bale
7. Dunaway Pocket Square Fold
Start by placing the pocket square down fully unfolded and flat on a diagonal angle. Make sure that one corner is facing towards you (or down) and the other away (or up).
Pinch the square at the centre and pick it up, allowing edges to hang down. Adjust the fabric so that it is even.
Pull the edges together in the middle.
Very gently roll the square from the bottom up until it is just the right length for the fold and just right for your pocket!
Success! Another fold completed!
Photographic image via M.J Bale
Pocket squares are easy! They are also something you should consider when you’re piecing together your accessories! If you’ve never tried them out before, follow these tips and give them a go. If you have, you know you can’t go past them!
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Our fabulous tips (who knew there were 7 ways of folding a pocket square!) are perfect to help you achieve a perfectly dapper look on your wedding day!