This is it fellas – these are Australia’s most naturally romantic spots to propose to your love! Having formed these gorgeous love heart shaped locations in anticipation, Mother Nature is already on your side. Your future spouse will think you are the absolute sweetest for having arranged such a perfect place to ask for their hand in marriage. Impressive, thoughtful, and picture perfect, they really are the most romantic inspired places to pop the question!
1. Heart Reef, QLD: Take a private flight over the crystal blue waters of the Whitsunday Islands and let the sweetly shaped Heart Reef say it all. As you approach by seaplane or helicopter, your soon-to-be fiancé is sure to be blown away by this naturally-occurring formation. Let your pilot know your plans to pop the question and they’ll arrange some extra flight time so you don’t have to rush! Image by Robert Harding
2. Heart of Uluru, NT: The iconic Uluru is a unique destination for a romantic proposal. These lovely formations were etched by wind and water into the rock face of the landmark, appropriately dubbed the ancient heart of Australia. This location offers a beautiful heart-inspired backdrop on a magnificently grand scale. Image by Matt Robertson
3. Fraser Island’s Lake MacKenzie, QLD: There are many companies that can help you plant the perfect proposal alongside the heart-shaped Lake Mackenzie on Queensland’s Fraser Island. Perched high in the dunes and famous for its brilliantly soft white silica sands and clear waters, this loved-up body of water makes for a most memorable and picturesque spot to ask for your partner’s hand in marriage. Image by Jodi Clark
4. Makepeace Island, QLD: Richard Branson always knows how to make an impact, and of course he has done so with his own private island in the outline of a heart. You can stay in the luxurious Balinese-built accommodation set in the Noosa River, even renting out the entire island to yourselves if you please. With many on-island activities as well as opportunities for relaxation, it’s the ultimate love-inspired location to propose. Image by Makepeace Island
5. Killarney Glen’s Heart Shaped Waterfall, QLD: Still a hidden secret along the Gold Coast Hinterland, this crystal clear glen in the shape of a heart is a magical place to surprise your beloved. You do need to get your feet wet to find the perfect spot to see the heart shape, but the short 30 minute walk is worth the experience. Share your love beside this heart of natural beauty. Image by Liz Denehy
6. Hamersley Gorge, WA: A longer walk through Hammersley Gorge in Karijini National Park will take you to the Spa Pool, sculpted by nature to resemble a heart. Surrounded by amazing rock formations with dramatic textures, colours and reflection, you can ask the ultimate question while relaxing under a beautiful waterfall. Image by T-Rex Photography
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Absolutely designed to melt your beloved’s heart even more, these romantic places top the proposal list!