I spent two weeks on a road trip around the South Island of New Zealand with my partner and best friend – and we left feeling that we have barely scratched the surface of this amazing country! To say it was picturesque would be an understatement..
Here are 5 reasons why New Zealand would be a great place for a honeymoon:
1. You can have nice relaxing romantic holiday, sit by Lake Wanaka with a cup of coffee, take in the calm turquoise water and snow-capped mountainous views.
2. If you want an adventurous, adrenaline filled trip, you can ski, snowboard or jump off a cliff (safely by bungy jumping of course!) There are also amazing hikes you can do.
3. Road trips are my favourite – as you get to explore and see a new place at your own pace and time. New Zealand is one of the best place for road trip adventures. We rented a campervan where we cooked, ate and slept. We did the initial research of places to see around the South Island, but we didn’t have an actual itinerary – it was all plan and drive as we went! We booked caravan parks as we drove to the next location. If we loved a particular stop, we would spend an extra day or two. We stopped countless times to take photos, making a six-hour drive often into eight.
What better way to spend your honeymoon than with the love of your life next to you, singing repeats on the radio, admiring the view as you drive and just enjoy being married!
4. Baby seals. Think big cute eyed pups! Friends were telling us to head to Kaikoura to see the seals; I was thrilled and thought we would see some by the coast, from a distance. My partner Ethan was insistent though that we see the Oahu waterfalls; it is a short walk and you will see the seal pups playing and swimming in the streams by the waterfall, about a metre or two away from you. It was so tempting to reach out and pat them. It was unreal!
5. Lastly, New Zealand is only a short flight away from Australia. It is only three hours from the east coast – you’ll get there sooner than a long haul flight and start your honeymoon without any more wait!
Images by Christine Lim Photography
Ms Chinoiserie Says: Just beautiful photography; what an unforgettable honeymoon destination to experience by road!
About Christine of Christine Lim Photography: I’m a photojournalistic and vintage inspired wedding photographer based in Perth, Western Australia. It’s hard to explain why I love what I do, but have you seen a photograph or maybe a video clip where you thought wouldn’t it be nice to be at that place at that particular time? That’s what I strive for in my photographs, to capture a moment where you’ll look back and remember, gosh that was such a good day and the great thing is that the photo will always be there, memories, yours to keep.