Image by miki.0 via Strawberry Jam Wedding Favours + Free Favour Tags
Want to add a personal touch to your wedding? Some simple DIY wedding decorations and wedding favors are definitely something you can do. They are personal, unique, and, most important of all, made with LOVE. Here are some diy wedding tips to keep you organized: -
1. Make sure you have enough time to prepare the DIY decoration. Since you will most likely be making multiple pieces, allocate enough time to complete. Also, make sure you prepare some extra pieces for just in case purposes. You don’t want to be stressed out right at the last minute.
2. Prepare all the DIY items well in advance. Completing them 1-2 months before your wedding is ideal. You will only get busier as your big day gets closer. Of course if your project involves food items, you will not be able to prepare them until it is closer to your big day. In this case, you can prepare the packaging first, and add the food items in later on.
3. Have enough manpower to help you place your diy items at the venue before the wedding party starts. The amount of time and manpower needed can easily be underestimated.
Image by Alicia Parsons via DIY Paper Pinwheels
4. Keep it simple. You may have the world of time to prepare in advance, but you only have that few hours to set up before the wedding party.
5. Make sure you communicate with your wedding planner/event coordinator/bridesmaids or whoever will be helping you out for the decoration before the wedding. Showing them some pictures of how you want everything to be arranged will definitely help a lot.
6 Smile. Sometimes things may not turn out the way you may have imagined. Don’t stress out. Don’t get upset. It is your big day and you should always keep a smile on your face. Keep in mind that the most important thing is the celebration of the union between two people.
Ms Gingham says: The lesson here is do not attempt any diy projects for your wedding at the last minute. Give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the process!
About Honyuet of Glitz & Love: “Glitz & Love is my one woman show. Everything here is designed, handmade and photographed by me. I love what I do, and I hope you love what I make as well.”