One of the most popular desserts on our menu is the deliciously creamy and light “Cleveland Style” orange yoghurt panna cotta! Meaning “cooked cream” in Italian, our version of the recipe includes yoghurt as well and is delicious by itself or served with berries.
– 375ml double thick cream
– 1/2 cup castor sugar
– Zest of 1 orange
– 1 vanilla bean, split
– 2 teaspoons gelatine
– 375ml plain, Greek yoghurt
– Place the cream, sugar, zest and vanilla bean in a saucepan. Heat it gently and slowly, bringing the mixture to simmering point. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Turn off the heat and leave it to steep for 1 hour.
– After the mixture has steeped, reheat it until it’s quite hot. Take it off the heat and add gelatine. (Dissolve the gelatine before hand in simmering water)
– Then add the yoghurt and whisk it gently. Strain the panna cotta mixture, then divide it evenly between lightly oiled moulds. Cover and chill the panna cotta for at least eight hours or up to five days.
– When you are ready to serve, press gently around the edges of the moulds to loosen the panna cotta, then invert them onto dessert plates.
– Serve each panna cotta with a little side of fruit or syrup with garnish.
Ms Chinoiserie Says: With the additions of orange and yoghurt, this dessert is even more tempting!
About Grange Cleveland Winery: We provide a picture perfect backdrop for celebrating your wedding in beautiful Lancefield, located in the Macedon Ranges, Victoria. With your very own dedicated wedding planner to ensure your special day is unforgettable, Grange Cleveland Winery provides both outdoor and indoor options for both large and intimate weddings for up to 130 guests.