For our second Hair and Make-Up Master Class, we look at creating an elegant low bun – the classic chignon!
This style is an elegant and timeless bridal look and would suit a more formal wedding or a bride wanting to achieve a chic style. With images by Kate at Quince and Mulberry Studios, Beck from Step ‘N’ Out Hair and Body shows you how to create this look in a few easy steps.
1. Wash and dry hair.
2. Curl hair using any desired hair curling tool.
3. Clip hair in sections as shown. With bottom section, tie in loose ponytail and loop through itself.
4. Using foam insert, from ends to roots roll hair upwards into bun position.
5. Once bun is rolled, secure firmly with bobby pins.
6. With top section, tease at the base of the hair.
7. Smooth over the teasing and secure with bobby pins.
8. Remove clips from side sections. Wrap one at a time across the top of the bun and secure with bobby pins.
9. Use hair spray to secure style.
10. To attach a veil, push the clip into top/centre of bun.
11. Use a small amount of pressure to ensure the veil is firmly secure in hair.
12. Horizontally push bobby pins into the clip of the veil to firmly secure and support veil. Repeat on both sides.
13. The finished look.
Thanks Kate and Beck – the classic elegance of a chignon never goes out of style!