Have you brushed your teeth after all of that chocolate? Or are you still indulging?
We’re taking the day off from technology! As this goes live on the blog Mr Polka Dot will be probably doing something with his car and I’ll be trying to get my creative juices flowing with some charcoal and paper! (If I’m lazy it will involve a DVD marathon instead!) What are you up to this extra long weekend?
I love rainy day weddings, especially moments where Mother Nature holds off until the ceremony has just finished such as at the wedding of Sarah and Marty (see more here) captured by ST Photography. It’s like Mother Nature is sending a message.
A vibrant, rich green mixed with a touch of blue – the colour of deep tropical water, or the iridescence of a peacock feather.
Combine with turquoise, white, sand, azure blue and marine blue
– With ice blue and magnolia
– With black and white
– With greens – from spring to lime to bottle green with touches of deep plum
– With lilac, purple and burnished gold
– With lilacs, plums, blues and touches of pale grey
– With orange, hot pink and touches of lime green
– With navy, dark green and off white
– With brass, pewter, burnished gold, silver
– Peacock feathers, blue glassware, burnished gold cord edging on jade and sea blue embroidered organza over cloths, off white dinner ware with burnished gold edging, deep sea blue or white chairs
– With distressed jade coloured chairs as a counterpoint to an elegant black and white theme, jade, lilac and blue flowered vintage crockery, jade cummerbunds, old silver containers
– Resin tableware in jade and other colours from your palette
– Favour boxes in jade cardboard, with lime lids tied with orange and hot pink ribbons (or use your chosen colours)
– Sea glass, marbles, coloured beads piled into glass containers
– Hydrangeas, lilies, orchids, grey foliage, huge bunches of all white flowers
– Strings of crystals for sparkle
– Lighter blue green jade bowls, jewellery, beads
– Collect old blue and green glass bottles, group together and fill with a random selection of single flower stems
– Use Japanese paper with a jade colour theme to cover favour boxes, fold into origami birds or flowers to hang, to string or to jumble in a bowl
– This colour lends itself to a sea theme – shells and starfish, crockery in light blue, jade and azure blue over cloths, fishing floats, drift wood, sea glass
– A nautical theme using this colour would be a different take on the usual traditional navy and white. Use navy, green and jade, or for something really different, try jade, orange and hot pink in stripes and nautical accessories
– Lanterns in white ceramic cut-out designs, ships lanterns, glass and stainless steel lanterns, paper lanterns
– Ice blue and white patterned tablecloths piped or edged in jade green, ice blue crockery and jade green napkins, lots of silver containers holding blue and green hydrangeas, or masses of white orchids, silver cutlery, jade green glass ware, jade green patterned vintage bridesmaids dresses with jade shoes, the bride in white with a touch of ice blue in the sheen of the fabric, mid grey suits for the men with jade green ties