How sweet is this gorgeous photo from Elissa & Adam’s wedding (see more here) by Meg Baisden Photography.
Photo by Meg Baisden Photography
A fresh green, appealing for its richness and ability to add intensity to the colours it complements.
Combine with milk chocolate and cream
- With deep rose pink and ivory
- With citrus colours – orange, lime and lemon
- With deep rose red, chocolate brown and ivory
- With chocolate, deep coral, apricot and yellow cream
- With smoky purple and lavender, touches of pearl grey
- With mid pink and pale olive and ivory
- With rust, pale olive and stone or bronze
- Pewter, brass, old burnished gold, bronze, copper
- Moss, fern fronds, green chrysanthemums, green orchids, deep red roses, twigs, seed pods, green berries, privet berries, apricot roses, sweet peas and their tendrils, bamboo stems
- Citrus in tall glass containers – some sliced to feature the cut side, on olive cloths, citrus coloured accessories such as orange and olive candles, paper flowers, coloured crockery, pewter or burnished gold touches
- Olive cloths, copper containers filled with apricot roses of various hues, brown twigs, moss, yellow cream napkins tied with brown ribbon or buttons, dark furniture, old French urns, olive or brown dinnerware, apricot, coral and brown candles
- Large bleached wooden bowl filled with dried rose petals or lavender, set on a console table with olive candles, and a rustic urn padded on top with moss. Add a bunch of tall twigs on which to tie messages of support on olive green paper, for the bride and groom
- Metal or wooden milk bottle crates – fill with candles or sit bottles or jars inside and load with flowers and foliage as table centrepieces
- Rustic candelabra or chandeliers, brass or pewter lamps, wrought iron lanterns
- Think nature – pergolas, stone paving, stone walls, secret gardens, bird baths and fountains, twining purple clematis, stone urns filled with moss and ferns, smoky purple linen, glass votives dotted around wall niches shady spreading trees, rusted metal lanterns, beaten pewter containers
- Add a cake featuring a nature theme – toadstools, creatures, fruit – either real fruit frosted in sugar, or made from fondant, fern fronds
- Silks – try saris for their vibrant colours, lustrous satin, organza
- Edge plain cloth in olive beads to add sparkle, use olive peridots or tourmalines in jewellery or headpieces
- Olive green shoes (of course!) – silk covered, polka dots or embellished with a green jewelled clip
Lots of little things I want to share with you this Friday so here’s a Friday News & Steals (really have to come up with a more creative name for this post, has anyone got any ideas?) post!
Bridal from $250 – discounted from $1,200
Bridesmaids and Cocktail from $50, from $495
For one day only on Friday November 6 from 8.30 am to 6.00pm SHARP
Henri Josef / Henry Roth showroom
2nd level, 87 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills Sydney
(5 minutes from Central Station)
Visit the Henri Josef website for more sample & second styles which will be on sale!
Don’t forget to send your name and address (if you’re Australian) or email (if you’re outside Australian) to email@example.com to get your free Rose & Ruby CD or PDF catalogue of their gorgeous frocks.
Gorgeous girl Princess Lasertron has launched her brand new site today! I love her tag line” Bridal designer, blogger and best friend” because every time I talk to Meg, that’s exactly how she makes me feel!
The fantastic Amanda has relaunched Vintage Glam Weddings Blog as the new Ruffled Blog. Just as gorgeous as her old blog, the Ruffled Blog features the best vintage inspire weddings, downloads and lots more!
The lovely Cyd also relaunched her blog- called The Sweetest Occasion, it’s all about creating beautiful events and features so many great ideas. Cyd is such a star at what she does, her blog is definitely worth a read!
A little while ago, the sassiest wedding blogger around- Dana of The Broke Ass Bride launched her new look blog, not only that she also created a fantastic service called Bride$hare. Bride$hare provides a platform for brides, grooms & even vendors to share everything from wedding dresses to chair covers. Such a great idea!
What news in wedding world do you have to share with me today? What are you up to this Friday?