Photo by Andrew Thomas Lee Photography
Lauren and Ben
All the way from the other side of the world- today we have Lauren & Ben visiting! From sweet shops, to waterfalls- this couple has a ball on their engagement shoot and it shows! Plus it finishes off with a polka dot dress, so really how can I refuse?
Plus I am always thrilled to feature a photographer we haven’t shown off before! Today it’s Gene Oh Photography!
Photos by Gene Oh Photography
This rich yet feminine colour is a little different to the more usual pale peach, yet just as striking with all hair colours except strawberry blonde.
Combine with creams and white of all hues
– With magnolia and taupe
– With ice blue, taupe and off white
– With pearl grey, magnolia and touches of charcoal grey
– With soft spring greens and deeper coral
– With dark copper colours, deep red and chocolate
– With dark copper colours and touches of deep purple/black
– With creamy soft yellow and coral
– With mid pink, soft yellow and pale peach
– With cream and touches of deep teal
– With slate blue and magnolia
– With black and white
– Coloured or the usual creamy pearls, silver, platinum, copper for the darker colour palettes
– Dark apricot roses, black/purple privet berries, pale grey leaves, berries of all hues, vine tendrils, orchids, parrot tulips, rose hips, peppercorn berries, white hydrangeas
– A stone floored and walled barn with exposed beams, tables draped to the floor in taupe coloured burlap, table runners and napkins in apricot and magnolia patterned vintage fabric, secured at each end with ‘flowers’ fashioned from burlap. Rusted metal containers containing deep orange roses and twigs, taupe and apricot stoneware crockery, baskets, old cream handled flatware
– An apricot vintage lace dress, dark nude or apricot heels, pale apricot and cream flowers with pale grey leaves, pearls or platinum jewellery
– A summer garden wedding featuring apricot, whites and fresh spring greens, set in a peach or apricot orchard, fruit punch, light wooden buckets of fresh picked apricots, homemade meringues, pies and cakes, white linen and lace, large sun hats, long tables set up for communal feasting
– For favours – homemade apricot jam, apricot coloured coconut ice, marzipan and apricot filled pastries, tiny bottles of amaretto liqueur or apricot brandy
– Apricot pies, apricot mousse, apricot glazed and layered cake, apricot nectar based cocktails, or punch, apricot frosted cupcakes topped with a tiny marzipan apricot
– A magnolia wedding cake featuring almond and apricot filling, decorated with graduated dark to pale apricot filigree designs
– Mid grey or dark beige suits, white shirts, apricot ties and handkerchiefs for the men
It’s grand final weekend! So while Australia stops and watches the AFL in a sea of white black and red I thought I’d ask what your plans are for the weekend?
To kick off the last day of the working week, here are some fun things and specials we have for Polka Dot Bride readers!
The lovely organisers at the Queensland Brides & Honeymoon Expo are giving Polka Dot Bride Readers FREE entry to the expo. Held on the 8-10th of October, attendees can head to this link to download their free expo pass which gives you access to the expo Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
We’re also looking for a bride to attend as a Polka Dot Reporter the Friday Night VIP Event, you’ll get to attend the event and watch the fashion parade featuring some of Queensland’s best and most talented designers (including a student category!) For anyone with an eye on fashion, this might be your perfect Friday night! (Email us here if you’d like to apply!)
The Wedding List Co are holding Le Creuset evenings in Brisbane and Perth for engaged couples! Held on Thursday, 7th of October. The night includes plenty of fine wine and food along with a free gift and Le Creuset master class! Check out their website for more information. You can find more events on our calendar.
Our specialty blogs are slowly starting to populate with some exciting content and we have so many exciting features to come! Meanwhile do check out Ms Floral’s reports of some of the latest Sydney wedding events– including the Ultimate Wedding Planning Party and Trippas White Open Day! Real bride Maria also posted her report of the recent wedding workshop over on Polka Dot Weddings!
The winner of our Letter Bird Lane competition is Jasmine! “We have been together for 10 years already, so our inspiration is celebrating our history and our future all at once,
with the people that have shaped us and touched our lives so far…can’t wait!” Congratulations Jasmine, you’ve won a stationery package worth $420!
Don’t forget to enter our Poppiseed Designs competition– we have some more fantastic competitions coming up for you in the next few weeks too!
The Princess Cherry Pie shop is now open for business! So you can get those sweet skincare goodies you laid eyes upon a few weeks ago! (I started using mine today and they smell gorgeous!)
Unrelated to weddings but very important to note, The “Because I Am A Girl” campaign launched this week. The campaign aims to raise awareness about the unique issues facing girls all over the world including fighting gender inequality, promoting girls’ rights and lifting millions of girls out of poverty. Visit the website for more information here and find the ways to show your support here.
Finally I want to leave you with this video I’ve had in my favourites for a few weeks. I watched it the night Mr Polka took my computer to the genius bar and received an unexpected hug at the end of it (I didn’t know he was even listening!). The beauty in this video is something needing to be shared.
Have a wonderful weekend!