Oh Adelaide,we really don’t show enough of you off – but you have a special place in my heart (truly, with your Haighs Factory how could it not?) Lucy of Lucy Jane Photography sent over this delightful Adelaide engagement shoot of Rosie and Zak. I love the gardens around Adelaide and this one is a beautiful backdrop to show off Rosie and Zak’s story!
What a beautiful colour this is – a little bit pink, a little bit red. A vibrant, joyous colour just right for adding richness to your palette.
Combine with dark grey green and pale pearly grey
– With Tiffany blue and ivory
– With Sage Green, plum and pops of orange
– With Taupe and Dark or Milk Chocolate
– With Pewter Grey, plum and Indigo
– With Spring Green, Pale Grey and touches of Olive Green
– With Slate Blue and ivory
– With chartreuse and Pewter Grey
– With berry pinks and purples and lots of magnolia to soften
– With Hydrangea Blue and Pale Grey
– With Ice Blue, ivory and touches of orange or Primrose Yellow
– With Pewter Grey and pops of Saffron Yellow
– With Coral Orange, Saffron Yellow, Antique Rose with sparkling Silver
– White or dark chocolate wedding cake decorated with raspberries, blackberries, red, white and black currents – yum
– A secret garden themed wedding with wooden or wrought iron fencing and pergolas entwined with raspberry branches and grapevines, jars filled with ripening bunches of berries, rosehips and pepper berries, floral or green/white toile tablecloths, weathered wooden furniture, stone flagged floors, raspberry crockery or wine glasses
– Favours – potted raspberry plants, homemade raspberry jam, raspberry syrup, jam drops filled with raspberry jam, mini raspberry cheesecakes, raspberry liqueur filled chocolates, raspberry and lillypilly jelly, Turkish Delight
– A raspberry based cocktail designed just for you – using raspberry vodka or raspberry liqueur as a starting point
– Your maids in long floral dresses in a vintage print incorporating the raspberry colour, raspberry shoes, earrings featuring dark green stones
– Sage green autumn hydrangeas flecked in raspberry, peonies, tulips, berries of all sorts, roses, calla lilies, spider orchids
– Satin ribbons in various lengths in raspberry, spring green, orange and white hung from old trees, entrances, as ‘bunting’ from railings, tied on the backs of chairs, as an edging on a dessert table
– Old tarnished metal bits and pieces look particularly nice with raspberry – old boxes, cow bells, lanterns, metal framed mirrors. Use natural hessian as your cloths and set up tablescapes of old metal wares, pebbles, lichen covered twigs and berries with raspberry in glassware, napkins, berry colours and crockery
– Mercury glass vases and dishes, orchids in raspberry and white, white cloths and crockery, silver cutlery, raspberry napkins, white chairs, in a white room with dark timber beams
– Raspberry tablecloths, old lace or crocheted cloths over the top, mismatched vintage flower patterned crockery and old silver cutlery, silver candlesticks with long tapered candles, peonies and roses with jasmine, lace edged handkerchiefs for favours, small dishes of old fashioned sweets dotted over the tables, pink lemonade
Okay Polka lovelies- who had a week full of wonderful surprises? Or was it hard going and you’re ready for the weekend? I’ve had a lovely week showing off beautiful weddings and exciting things to you this week and I’m looking forward to next week. But I must say I’m happy to get an intense week over and done with!
Have you caught up on our specialty blogs yet this week? There’s been some fantastic entries- including a cocktail party guide!
Our five Infinity Photography competition winners are ready to be announced! Our two major prize winners are Ariana & Nick and Alice & Chris (both their boards above) have both won a $4000 photography package from Infinity. Congratulations! Our three runners up are Amelia & Toby, Tallem & Matthew and Connie & Aurelius who have each won a $500 Infinity voucher!
Emmy Rose Stationery is have a 60% off sale for note cards, tags, twine and paper pretty goodies. It’s a good chance to stock up for your hand written note mission! Check out the website for more information.
Ava Madison bridesmaids are running a competition to win a $300 gift voucher. All you have to do is create an inspiration board using an Ava Madison dress design, the top five with the most “likes” will go into the draw to win a voucher. Check out their page for more details.
The Sydney Ultimate Wedding Planning Party will be held again in the Opera Point Marquee in August! Fashion shows, champagne, canapes and some of the industry’s best will all be on show under the majestic sails of the Opera House. Visit the website to book your tickets.
Today’s wedding is one that will go to the depths of your heart. A simple, beautiful, garden wedding with nothing but a couple getting married surrounded by their loved ones. I adore details, I love personal touches but what I love most of all? Is how a couple interprets that for their own wedding day. Today’s wedding is unlike any other we’ve featured before. It’s truly about the love of Taia and Richard, the love of their families and friends, the words spoken and the emotion felt- this is an intimate wedding at it’s finest.
Photos today are by Matt Reed. I always love Matt’s beautiful candid photography – his honest, real captures are so wonderful to pour over and soak in.
Congratulations on your marriage Taia and Richard! Thank you for allowing us to share your wedding day on Polka Dot Bride. Thank you also to Matt Reed for sharing today’s imagery.