I fell in love with the whimsical nature of this engagement shoot when Amy Benjamin sent it to me. So many sweet details and a lot of love!
Taking place on the grounds of Sydney University, Benjamin Sax created the invitations while Amy did the makeup (Amy runs her own makeup business Ask Me Makeup). Megan and Luke plan to marry with a wedding in the colours of chocolate brown, peach and latte so the engagement shoot featured these colours. The apple picnic shots were a nod to Amy and Megan’s love of the Twilight books.
– Bone or horn handled cutlery, heavy fabric or paper placemats in bronze, leaves, flowers cut from lustrous bronze papers and used with velvet ribbon, organza, beads, crystals to make table, box and container decorations such as flowers, with a difference
– Magnolia leaves with their bronzed undersides, bronze toned orchids, autumn leaves and berries, burnt rusty orange flowers, grevilleas such as Honey Gem, bronze and apricot leaves of New Zealand flax, orange Pyracantha berries, russet coloured pears
– Rusted metal containers, screens, buckets, milk crates, wheels, candle holders, wire – used in creative ways
– Fashion a garland from rusty wire, randomly thread on ‘found’ objects and use in the middle of each table filled with beeswax candles of various heights and sizes
– Copper containers, filled with brown leaves and bronze orchids, natural coloured burlap cloths edged with bronze beads or buttons, bronze napkins, natural coloured crockery, bone handled cutlery, a fairy land of natural coloured beeswax or chocolate brown candles, wrought iron chairs, stone walls, open fire
– All cream with touches of bronze in fabric sashes, shoes, ornate beaded jewels on headbands, catching folds of fabrics or on beaded napkin rings, bronze ties and pocket handkerchiefs for the men, in leaves and flowers
– Décor based around vintage finds, old wrought iron, church pews, a printer’s tray filled with place cards, old wooden trugs, old buttons, old linens, old yellowed music sheets or cards
Vintage gown from Timeless Vintage Vixen, Chocolate spiral brooch from supplier. earrings from AnChelle, flowers from pjlacasse