Rose and Ruby have launched their Summer 2009 collection- C’est La Vie. It’s everything I love about summer, beautiful soft shapes, colourful fabrics and the thought of lovely summer evenings sipping cocktails. Each gown is not only lovely for summer parties but perfect for bridesmaids or even the bride.
The summer collection uses beautiful french laces, silk georgette and silk chiffon in hues such as peony, sugar apple green, ecru and tea rose. There are varying lengths this season, with certain gowns available in two lengths.
Check out their website soon for the new collection
As soon as I saw this snapshot by Photobat (Alan Moyle) it made me smile (see more here). It also won a silver award at the AIPP awards in May! I love moments that aren’t neccessarily the most beautiful to shoot, but capture the little things that go into a wedding day.
Joni and Bill walked down the aisle (the nearby pier) together to “A Kiss To Build A Dream On” played on the trumpet by Joni’s cousin.
Instead of a bridesmaids and groomsmen, Joni and Bill surrounded themselves with 39 close family and friends who served as their wedding party.
Joni and Bill handmade many of their wedding details including invitations, welcome gifts for guests (buckets with a CD and gumballs) itineraries, door signs, flowers, match boxes, candy buffet and candy sacks, activity books for the attending children, place cards, match boxes to encourage guests to relight candles on the windy day, welcome signs, table cloths and carried the polka dot theme throughout. There was even polka dot wine served (which I am still dying to try and cannot find in Australia!).
Thank you Joni and Bill for sharing your fun and personal DIY wedding day with Polka Dot Bride! I wish you all the happiness and joy for your future together! Thank you also to Julie Dreelin of Beach Productions for sharing her photographs with us!
This dreamy, smoky colour – perfect for those with dark red hair or dark hair – very sultry!
- Combine with pale blush pink and raspberry red
- Pale grey, black and stark white
- Hot pink, lilac and grey
- Mauve pink, dark purple, hints of fresh green and ivory
- Sage green, grey and soft yellow
- With chocolate brown and raspberry
- With ivory, yellow and a variety of purples
- Green (as found in orchids), yellow green and touches of raisin
- Sweet peas, tulips, lisianthus, delphiniums, lavender, green orchids, lilac coloured roses, pansies and violas, agapanthus, forget-me-nots, scabiosa, plumbago, daffodils, jonquils, dark purple lilies
- Baskets piled high with blooms, dark wood furniture, wine barrels, old stone walls and floors, wooden trugs filled with ribbon tied bunches of lavender, pewter, distressed old mirrors, a crackling fire. Liven the scene with textures – matt, shiny, silky, rough – in self patterned fabrics, cutlery – think brushed textured or ornate handles, shiny glassware, even mirrored surfaces. Candles could be in lavender hues supplemented with moody lighting over the dance floor, wrought iron chandeliers
- Under a wisteria covered arbour, white furniture and accessories, silverware, silver candelabra filled with lots of ivory or lavender candles, silver edged glassware, containers over-flowing with soft yellow and purple blooms of all hues, enlivened with touches of green foliage, a white cake decorated with the same flowers either fresh or sugar versions
- Dresses could feature hand embroidery, covered buttons, beaded appliqué, tulle detailing, satin – or be in a heavier stiffer fabric such as shantung or taffeta – think black detailing here to emphasise the more tailored look of the fabric
- For winter use wraps, embroidered, beaded or fur capelets, or little cashmere cardigans with jewelled buttons to add to a vintage look
- For the bride’s dress try a heavy lace over lavender or white lining in a simple design, or a structured design in swishy taffeta with lavender touches
- Freshwater pearls, diamonds, amethysts, Swarovski crystals combined into unique pieces for you and your maids – necklaces, earrings, hair pieces, embellishments for shoes or to catch fabric folds at your hips
- Bubbles to blow, petals scattered along a walkway or along the tables, iridescent stars and/or groups of mirror balls or glass covered lights hung from the ceiling
- Bouquet accents of crystals, pearls or silver twisted wire
- Lavender shirts, mid or charcoal grey or black suits for the men
- Favours could consist of lavender bags, lavender perfumed bath and body potions, lavender honey, tea or candles, cupcakes frosted with lavender icing, embellished with lavender coloured sugar or flowers