Matt from Shadowplay sent over this scrumptious engagement shoot (and video) of Hayley & Roger just right for a Saturday! Beautiful luscious green trees, emotion filled moments. Congratulations on your engagement Hayley & Roger!
Inky purple blue, dark and mysterious. Combine with lighter mauves and mauve pinks
– sage green, olive green and pink
– dark blues and sky blue
– ivory, pale mauve and touches of black
– blues, maroons, cherry reds
– avocado, apple or bue greens
– used as an accent with sea blue/greens
– white and deep rose pink
– pale lavender and old gold/ochre yellow
– accents of silver, gold or pewter depending on the other colours you use
– lilacs, lavender, peppercorn berries, white, mauve and pink roses, deep purple succulents such as aeonium, grey foliage and succulents, dark red or ‘black’ calla lilies, sea holly, delphiniums, allium, berries, grapes, iris, grape hyacinths, passionfruit, pomegranates
– velvet, satin, brocade, heavy coloured lace, a heavy weight jersey or silk
– Renaissance styled jewels of amber, red, green and amethyst, old metal filigree clasps, details or hairpieces, beading, coloured pearls
– Peacock feathers, feather quill for signing you marriage certificate and guest book, red wax seals on your letter pressed or embossed invitations
– Crackling log fires, mulled wine, tagines, game pies, wild mushrooms, treacle tarts, poached fruits, fig tarts, chestnuts in paper cones, hot chocolate with marshmallows, hot toddy
– All white seating and reception decorations accented with indigo, or dark tables and seating with coloured cloths, crockery and sparkling silverware.
– Wedding cake could have a berry flavoured tier, or be decorated in borders of your indigo lace design, fresh lilac flowers and mauve crystals or pearls
– Favours could be Turkish Delight, mustard fruits, grape jelly, tiny bottles of spirits e.g. brandy with a hot toddy recipes attached, bottle of wine with a recipe attached for mulled wine, berry flavoured Jelly Belly jelly beans
– lots of large candles, purple coloured wine glasses for red wine, or wine glasses with a silver edging, very tall centrepieces of fluted glass vases filled with grapes and brimming over with wisteria, berries, vine swirls, roses, indigo tablecloths, lighter mauve pink or lavender napkins, add sparkle with silver charger plates, old silver sweet containers piled with sticks of specially made purple rock candy, ice buckets, silver cutlery, mood lighting for a ‘nightclub’ dance floor (where’s the mirror ball?)
– Moroccan lanterns, dark furniture, vibrantly coloured silk or velvet drapes on every available surface, dark metal chandeliers, purple candles, Arabian tented walls or ceiling, beaten metal trays, tables, ornate mirrors, heavily patterned Moroccan style plates, tea glasses
Designed with a contemporary feel in mind, not only is the venue set to be beautiful- it’s also achieved a 6 star energy rating! The building is to be the first in NSW with such a high energy rating and features eco friendly building techniques such as
Blackwater reuse (treatment and reuse of sewerage for watering the adjoining parkland and for toilet flushing)
Tri-generation (co-generation for gas fired electricity production, with reuse of the heated air for absorption cooling of the building and heating of hot water)
Australia’s first structural concrete made from recycled products
Heat rejection from the building chillers via the harbour
50% higher levels of fresh air supply, CO2 sensors and variable speed fans along with use of finishes and material of low toxicity to ensure the highest quality air for building occupants thus minimising the emission of toxins, pollutants, germs and bacteria typically within a building’s air supply
Use of insulation products throughout the building that are made without ozone depleting gases in their manufacture or composition
High performance glass, insulation and building materials which minimise heat loss and gains through windows and external walls
Darling Island Wharf has a capacity for over 800 guests in the largest space with additional spaces for different events. Some overlook the water with city & Harbour Bridge views, while others look over Sydney’s gorgeous parks.
Darling Island Wharf is not all about functions, the new venue will also feature a cafe and fresh food and wine emporium with open kitchen. Darling Island Wharf is close to Darling Harbour and Jones Bay Wharf, has plenty of accommodation and parking nearby and can be accessed by public transport and even boat for a grand entrance!
• Two nights accommodation in an Executive level river room
• Full buffet or room service breakfast for two
• Valet parking
• Chilled Domaine Chandon and chocolates on arrival
• Late checkout of 1pm
The team at the Brisbane Marriot have picked their winner!
Congratulations to Sheng!
My beloved and I will vow to share our lives together,
promising to make our love and laughter last forever;
After the speeches, cake and special first dance,
The Marriott is the place for the sweetest romance!
Congratulations Sheng and thank you to all of our entrants! They were so lovely to read!