I love the new designers I’m being introduced to through what has somehow turned into couture Mondays! Today’s designer is from Brisbane and her name is Diana Toscano, her label is Toscano Bridal & Eveningwear. Aside from a couture service, Diana also offers an Heirloom service where she will restore or update a vintage wedding gown for your wedding day.
I love Diana’s twists on classic shapes and unique use of fabrics. There’s a certain high style about them without the gowns being unwearable.
Matt from Shadowplay sent over this scrumptious engagement shoot (and video) of Hayley & Roger just right for a Saturday! Beautiful luscious green trees, emotion filled moments. Congratulations on your engagement Hayley & Roger!
Inky purple blue, dark and mysterious. Combine with lighter mauves and mauve pinks
– sage green, olive green and pink
– dark blues and sky blue
– ivory, pale mauve and touches of black
– blues, maroons, cherry reds
– avocado, apple or bue greens
– used as an accent with sea blue/greens
– white and deep rose pink
– pale lavender and old gold/ochre yellow
– accents of silver, gold or pewter depending on the other colours you use
– lilacs, lavender, peppercorn berries, white, mauve and pink roses, deep purple succulents such as aeonium, grey foliage and succulents, dark red or ‘black’ calla lilies, sea holly, delphiniums, allium, berries, grapes, iris, grape hyacinths, passionfruit, pomegranates
– velvet, satin, brocade, heavy coloured lace, a heavy weight jersey or silk
– Renaissance styled jewels of amber, red, green and amethyst, old metal filigree clasps, details or hairpieces, beading, coloured pearls
– Peacock feathers, feather quill for signing you marriage certificate and guest book, red wax seals on your letter pressed or embossed invitations
– Crackling log fires, mulled wine, tagines, game pies, wild mushrooms, treacle tarts, poached fruits, fig tarts, chestnuts in paper cones, hot chocolate with marshmallows, hot toddy
– All white seating and reception decorations accented with indigo, or dark tables and seating with coloured cloths, crockery and sparkling silverware.
– Wedding cake could have a berry flavoured tier, or be decorated in borders of your indigo lace design, fresh lilac flowers and mauve crystals or pearls
– Favours could be Turkish Delight, mustard fruits, grape jelly, tiny bottles of spirits e.g. brandy with a hot toddy recipes attached, bottle of wine with a recipe attached for mulled wine, berry flavoured Jelly Belly jelly beans
– lots of large candles, purple coloured wine glasses for red wine, or wine glasses with a silver edging, very tall centrepieces of fluted glass vases filled with grapes and brimming over with wisteria, berries, vine swirls, roses, indigo tablecloths, lighter mauve pink or lavender napkins, add sparkle with silver charger plates, old silver sweet containers piled with sticks of specially made purple rock candy, ice buckets, silver cutlery, mood lighting for a ‘nightclub’ dance floor (where’s the mirror ball?)
– Moroccan lanterns, dark furniture, vibrantly coloured silk or velvet drapes on every available surface, dark metal chandeliers, purple candles, Arabian tented walls or ceiling, beaten metal trays, tables, ornate mirrors, heavily patterned Moroccan style plates, tea glasses