There are no props used in today’s photos. No balloons, no frames, no flowers and no frames. The photographs have no fancy treatments, there are no fun poses or amazing colours.
I fell in love with today’s engagement shoot because it is purely about the love of Christine and James. The looks, the laughter and the embrace. There’s a sense of purity and with that beauty about today’s shoot.
– Find silver coloured metal filigree decorations to hang from the ceiling or from candelabra
– Enhance your silver with lots of sparkling glassware and candles in the white of your choice
– Linen could be white, white and more white, with touches of your chosen secondary colours and lots of silver in containers, candlesticks etc (as mentioned above) for a really elegant scheme
– Sugared fruit with soft coloured flowers for a pastel pink scheme, flowers in large silver containers, pale pink napkins, pale pink beading on the table cloth’s edging, silver candlesticks with white candles, a pale pink wedding dress with pale pink shoes embellished with a rhinestone bow, a pink diamond platinum engagement ring, silver edged white china
– Gossamer voile over cloths appliquéd in silver designs, or used as draping over an archway, or used generously as a draping over a ‘chuppah – like’ area to say your vows in
– For a quirky touch consider tarnished silver for all your containers, candlesticks etc. Decorate with paper flowers made out of blotchy vintage paper or old music scores. Would look great in an all white, white and black or gunmetal grey scheme or with darker colours such as midnight blue or smoky purple
– An emphasis on silver can be used effectively in a:
modern, stark setting to add softness, a sense of generosity and sparkle with lots of silver and glassware
a rustic setting to lighten the feel and add a touch of pizzazz – against stone walls, an open fire, old wooden furniture
an outdoors setting to add a touch of whimsy and surprise, silver lanterns swinging from trees, silver bird garlands or ribbon cascading from branches
a rich, dark colour scheme with dark furniture, dark colours, moody lighting, lots of candles and the sparkling silver to add the magic