ABC Of Weddings: F is For Footwear

by | ABC Of Weddings, Bridal Fashion, Bride

COMMENTS

F

Florists use Flowers as Flourish at Functions. Function coordinators often Find they’re using Fitness to get their brides into the latest Fashion after eating all that Fabulous Food!

~

Footwear is one of my favourite subjects, I certainly wouldn’t be Ms Polka Dot without my love of pretty heels!

Choosing shoes for you wedding can be really hard, it’s essential you choose them before your last few dress fittings so the length of your dress will be correct.

Shoe Styles

Closed Toe

Vera Wang Riky Shoes from Bellissima Bridal Shoes

• Gorgeously elegant
  • Creates an unbroken line through your dress to the floor
  • Great for winter weddings as stockings look fine underneath
  • Can be dyed to match your gown

Open Toe

Nina Golden Shoes from Bellissima Bridal Shoes

• Please don’t wear stockings with these shoes!
  • Have a pedicure, even if you do it yourself! Make it a girl’s night!

Peep Toe

Stuart Weitzman Bowright Shoes from Bellissma Bridal Shoes

Peeptoes are so sexy and sweet! They give you the comfort of a closed shoe but with a little sass of toes peeking out

• Again the no stocking rule applies
  • So does the pedicure rule!

Heel heights

From a bride in the highest of heels to the casual bride who prefers comfort, your shoes can come in a variety of heel heights and types. Stilettos can be gorgeously sexy but flats are fantastic for dancing throughout the night and casual weddings and kitten heels give a bit of height while still retaining comfort.

Badgley-Mischka-Adriana11031617_EQ2_awitcheryflat

Badgley Mischka Adriana 10cm Stiletto Heel from Cinderella Bella Bridal Shoes, Pierre Fontainne Hayden from Findmyshoes. Witchery Piper Ballet Flat

Something Different

Nothing says you have to go with white satin shoes. Mix it up,, be different, make it you!

louboutin29dd arch strap main1whp

From L-R Coquine pink satin slingback by Christian Louboutin from MyCatwalk, Ballroom wedding dance shoes from Prodance, White pearl barefoot sandal from Barefoot Sandals

Coloured Shoes

Most Polka Dot Bride readers know I’m an advocate of wearing coloured shoes under your wedding dress! A glance of your favourite colour can jazz up a white dress and create a whimsical touch. Try toning the shoes in with your bridesmaids or pick up a colour from your table settings or bouquet.

Ballroom Shoes

This is a great option for brides who are concerned about the comfort of their feet. ballroom dancing shoes are designed to be extra supportive for all those quick moves on the dance floor which make them a great choice for brides

Beaded Foot Jewellery

This is perfect if you’re getting married on the beach and want to still put something pretty on your bare feet! They come in all sorts of colours and can use many different beads- even pearls!

Some of my favourite pre wedding shots involve shoes!

FIsForFootwear

L-R Wildberry Photography, Vincent Lai Photography, James Day Photography, Wildberry Photography, James Day Photography, Vincent Lai Photography, Vincent Lai Photography, Wildberry Photography

A great tradition is to get all your unmarried bridesmaids to sign the bottom of your shoe, the last name to wear off is the next one to marry!

Be sure to wear your shoes ‘in’ before the wedding day so they’re comfortable- wear them around the house and scuff the soles on cement or with a wire brush to make sure you don’t slip!

Show me your shoes! What are you wearing?

COMMENTS
  • Wendy says:
    February 3, 2008 at 2:11 pm

Great shoes! Great post! Right on the money advice! You are the best Ms Polka Dot!!!

• Stacey says:
    February 3, 2008 at 3:23 pm

I have always loved the idea of wearing your “something blue” on your feet!! I also like the tradition of the signatures on the soles of your shoes. Cute!

• Kat says:
    February 3, 2008 at 9:58 pm

Last one to wear off? Most people seem to wear white satiny shoes, surely they don’t get too many wears out of those!
    I’m still thinking about those Peeptoe Shoes you featured a while ago – so many gorgeous coloured options. If I end up wearing a white dress I’m absolutely wearing the brightest shoes possible. And maybe even if my dress isn’t white 😉

• Ms Polka says:
    February 4, 2008 at 9:04 am

Hey kat- LOL at the end of the night the name the name that is ‘least worn’ is the next to amrry. Suprisingly I hear and see wedding shoes wear down after being worn for dancing and walking for so many hours!

Peeptoes yes! and coloured shoes ‘drool’! Maybe coloured peeptoes!

• This Week in Shoes | ShoeBlog says:
    February 4, 2008 at 11:42 am

[…] The PolkaDotBride brings us tips for choosing and wearing weddings shoes. […]

• Laura says:
    February 4, 2008 at 3:35 pm

I myself am an avid Converse All Star wearer and will undoubtedly be wearing them underneath my princess ball gown! They may even be blue or one of my wedding colors!

🙂

• Nicole says:
    February 8, 2008 at 4:27 am

I wore red shoes that were open toed shoes that were made especially and I used the material from my red wedding gown. My shoes were my favourite wedding item and these days I still wear them with jeans.

• Designer Shoes Blog » Blog Archive » Weekend in Review: Shoes and News says:
    March 7, 2008 at 1:10 pm

[…] Red shoes on your wedding—Polkadot Bride instructed us how to find and select the perfect shoe for the big day. […]

• ella says:
    June 5, 2008 at 7:43 am

I really like your shoes..wish to have some..Unfortunately I’m still looking for a perfect shoes for my wedding,still researching what’s best for me..thanks you have given me idea..I also write a blog about my journey..www.weddingshoeslover.blogspot.com

• louboutin heels says:
    April 11, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I am very interested about it, will you share more detail? Like source of this story?

• dollie8649.beepworld.de says:
    September 16, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Someone essentially help to make ritically posts I
    might state. This iss the very first time I frequented your web
    page and thus far? I amazed with the analysis you maqde to create thios particular post incredible.

Magnificent task!