Brides Shun White!

by | Bridal Fashion, Bride

COMMENTS

I was reading recently how Aussie brides are shunning the white wedding dress and turning to colour for their big day.

I love love love a bride in colour! It’s such a great expression of oneself and a beautiful way to feel and look unique!

Wildberry Photography loves brides in colour so much- Vanessa dedicates a whole section to coloured brides on her website.

Here are some of my faves of hers (I especially love the matching veils, it takes the gown from a formal ballgown to sassy, chic bride!).

010405v289

220105v352a

Bride Lauren & Bride Bec

Kim at Parisian Events recently noted how black bridal gowns are all the vogue in France and Australian bridal designer Mariana Hardwick has even designed a few darker toned gowns in her latest ‘Garden Of Earthly Designs’ collection which you can also in my chocolate & grey inspiration board.

If you’re not quite brave enough to go for a full on colour like those above, a pastel variation on a colour can also work. A soft mint green, a baby pink or a soft blue can all bring colour to the gown while still looking like a traditional bride.

Are you going for white or colour? What are your reasons?

COMMENTS
  • Guilty Secret says:
    May 15, 2008 at 8:13 pm

I’m going for ivory, simple reason being that I’ll get plenty of opportunities to wear fabulous dresses in every other colour over the years, but I can’t imagine another day when I’ll feel comfortable wearing a long ivory dress.

If I were interested in wearing a veil, though, I might consider a coloured dress with a coloured veil.. it looks so cool and the veil keeps it bridal 🙂

• Glamour This! by Kelly says:
    May 16, 2008 at 12:25 am

I love colored dresses, so unique. I featured one on my blog last week too.

I will be in champagne and taupe. I cant wait, almost one month left!

• DrewB says:
    May 16, 2008 at 1:28 am

I would give up my first born child to shoot a wedding where the bride wore a dress like that!

• bridal fashion by MILLIE says:
    May 17, 2008 at 5:36 am

Oh this is way too much fun!!! I LOVE color!!! So much personality!!

Though, there is something sacred about the white gown…..

• Danimezza says:
    May 17, 2008 at 2:21 pm

I wore a powder blue dupion silk full skirt gown with a short train and I felt like cinderella. I would reccomend it to anyone.

• Polka Dot Bride says:
    May 22, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Guilty Secret- Good Point! Such a hard decision!
    Kelly- I can’t wait to see all your details come together, I can’t believe it’s come around so soon!
    Drew- Always happy to babysit! 😉
    Millie- I agree, I love colour but I still get pulled to white! Such a hard decision!
    Dani- i love your gown, it’s SO Cinderella! You looked beautiful in it!