A Lemon Wedding

by | Bride, Wedding Inspiration

I feel like I can smell lemons today- the fresh smell of lemon butter cooking on the stove. Which of course, brings me to weddings. The yummy, bright lemon yellow colour can be such a gorgeous addition to your wedding colour palette.

Lemon Centrepiece from theknot

A bowl of lemons, or lemons pulled together in the centre of the table make a fabulous centrepiece. They give off a fresh citrus smell and the no fuss factor creates a bold look.

Such sweet yellow bridesmaids from J.Crew (dear J.Crew, please bring this range to Australia!)

Yellow on bridesmaids is so summery- some beautiful white flowers or green orchids tied with green ribbon would really make these pop! Winter brides can team them with a bright citrus orange or even chocolate brown. For an understated look- black and white with yellow is a stunning combination!!

Photos from theknot.com

Love the use of lemons with green! Lemons used as a placecards is cheap and cheery!

Yellow Calla Lillies and boutonnieres from theknot.com

Yellow flowers- often calla lilies, orchids, roses, tulips and gerberas suit any season and are such a beautiful vibrant addition to a wedding.

• laura says:
    June 17, 2008 at 1:34 am

I love love love the lemon place card. It’s so non fussy.

• Madelyn @ Southern Wedding Style says:
    June 17, 2008 at 1:43 am

I love the use of yellow in a wedding! There is something about that color that is so fresh and modern. I love it!

• Dani Ross says:
    June 18, 2008 at 12:37 am

these are great lemon pieces! i am obsessed with yellow right now 🙂

• Mirella says:
    June 18, 2008 at 1:01 am

I love lemon, it’s actually my colour along with the polka dots 🙂 Here’s another idea for anyone who’s interested: slice lemons and laying them in the clear glass vase you’re using for your flowers as a centerpiece, covering the whole glass area. it looks gorgeous… my florist is doing this for my wedding… it brings in the lemon theme and smells gorgeous 🙂 I do have picture examples if anyone wants to see 🙂

Love it!

• Katherine says:
    May 9, 2009 at 6:16 am

Does anyone know where this menu and other stationery is from? I would love love love to use it! If so, email me at kmims@fas.harvard.edu

• monday mood | uk wedding blog « So You're Getting Married says:
    May 14, 2012 at 6:10 pm

[…] card, little bottle, cake, boutonniere, drinks, bottled drinks, citrus interior, lemon menu, seating cards, penguins, lime and lemon slices, […]

Are you a robot or a human? Let us know by answering the below! *