A Chocolate Wedding

by | Bride, Catering, Favors and Decor

COMMENTS

Chocolates come in all shapes and sizes. Chocolate is ‘the food of love’. It is charming to include it in all it’s different guises as part of the wedding reception – especially if it is a favourite of the bride or groom.

chocfountain

chocolatepretzels

Chocolate fountain with strawberries for dipping from theknot.com, chocolate covered pretzels from theknot.com

Chocolate fountains to dip all manner of goodies into – strawberries, marshmallows, peanut brittle, toffee. Chocolate coated icecreams in cones as a ‘going home’ gift for the guests just prior to their departure from the reception. Chocolate covered sweets for the buffet table – so many different varieties to choose from – where do we start?

200g-ballotin

chocolateicecream

Haighs Chocolates 200g box, icecream from brides.com

Chocolate icecream as part of an icecream buffet table. Beautiful high quality filled chocolates boxed in biscuit coloured boxes tied with ribbon as favours for your guests to enjoy later. Try some from Haighs or Koko Black for a real treat.

chocolatebuffet

darkchoclolipops

Chocolate covered treats on a candy buffet from theknot.com, dark chocolate lollipop from theknot.com

Chocolate letters in the bride and groom’s initials. Chocolate fondant as dessert for a winter wedding – who could refuse all that gooey chocolate seeping out of the cakey exterior – serve with cream and a raspberry or strawberry sauce to add to this taste sensation. Provide goodies covered in white, milk and dark chocolate and surely everybody will be happy!!

COMMENTS
  • Wendy says:
    July 3, 2008 at 11:38 pm

I LOVE chocolate!! And, this post makes me SO hungry!!! Hi Ms Polka Dot! I have been out of touch and glad to be back!!

• Tiffany says:
    July 4, 2008 at 12:59 am

I love this post, because I am a choc-a-holic! I referred to your ideas in my recent post on ‘sweet’ wedding favors. Thanks for the great ideas!

• ‘Sweet’ Wedding Favors For Choc-A-Holics–Weddiquette Blog says:
    July 4, 2008 at 1:05 am

[…] Bride has some great additional ideas for A Chocolate Wedding, including chocolate pretzels, and a candy […]

• Guilty Secret says:
    July 5, 2008 at 5:23 pm

I love chocolate… but I can’t imaging agreeing to have a chocolate fountain at the big white dress event!

• Notes about the world » The Sydney Aroma Festival says:
    July 6, 2008 at 11:12 pm

[…] the local code name for the annual Coffee and Chocolate fest, a seven hour hedonistic splurgaton of chocolate fountains, chocolate covered strawberries, rocky roads, honey-dipped popcorn, creamy pavlovas, hot chocolate […]

• budgetsavvybride says:
    July 8, 2008 at 10:29 am

1- this post makes my teeth hurt
    2- this post makes me want to quit my wedding diet

🙂 Happy Monday.

• Paula says:
    November 3, 2010 at 11:27 pm

A chocolate fondue can be a easy fondue pot or an elaborate chocolate fondue fountain