It’s been a little while since I’ve done one of these, but with the storm of wedding magazines hitting the newsagents (and my credit card) I thought it was time for another “Wedding Magazine Roundup” This time purely home grown! All magazines today are Australian!
Bride To Be May-July 2008
The nautical inspired cover brings dashes of ‘bling’ and big day beauty tips. Inside the world of jeweller Kerry Rocks. Pages of bridesmaid inspiration and vintage style (Vintage Follies). The editorial fashion pages focus heavily on simple styles with adornments.
- The Love Birds styled feature. Great inspiration for those with a bird theme wedding
- New Traditions article. How different couples incorporated their own traditions into the wedding style.
- Alex’s Diary The diary of All Saints star Alex Davies wedding planning journey.
Creative Weddings Issue 9
The last issue under founding editor Lauren Marks Crennan who is going forward with her own business (Pink Peony). This issue features DIY projects using tin buckets and pyramid boxes. Euro chic fashion editorial shows off gowns which have a high fashion flare. A feature of pure white cakes rounds out this issue.
- How To Theme A Wedding article
- Seaside Splendour styled feature
- Contemporary wedding bouquets feature
Real Weddings Issue 13
It’s been a long wait for new Real Weddings goodness, but this issue is jam packed with real life weddings and inspiration. An added extra this issue features editor Kirsten Mackeldan hitting the kitchen to prepare for her friend’s engagement party. The colour inspiration in this issue is black and white.
- Valley Of Plenty The wedding of Ali & Tim was a casual affair with simple, thought out touches.
- Vintage Night A stormy day dawned as Sally & Siva wed in Perth. The bride wore a black ribbon around her waist.
- Operatic Overture The Sydney wedding of Carolyn & Richard is stunning- especially with Carolyn’s beautiful gown featuring small pleats, a bow and a detachable skirt.
Cosmopolitan Bride Best Real Weddings Issue 2008
Cosmopolitan Bride’s Real Wedding Annual is always a treat for the eyes. This one features an elopement in Greece, vintage glamour, tropical beach theme weddings, glitzy weddings, black & red weddings and international celebrations.
- Twist On Tradition The wedding of Aleisha & Michael featuring a stunning black wedding gown with white tulle underneath.
- Hearts Of Gold The wedding of Amy & Adam features brown and gold fifties style gowns for the bridesmaids and the Groom in brown and white wingtip shoes.
- Exotic Beauty The wedding of Priya & Greg was a traditional Hindu ceremony in traditional dress. Definitely a feast for the eyes!
Wedding Style Guide
Wedding Style Guide is full of various features. This issue brings the Top 10 weddings, colour palette predictions, real life weddings, a toaster test and inspiration for pre wedding parties including a book shower.The styled features are a plenty along with a plain paper planning guide at the back of the magazine.
- Ladies & Gentlemen black, yellow and white styling feature.
- Little Bit Country styled feature
- Q&A with Deborah Lloyd, creative director of Kate Spade.