Wow! What a month, we have had such a lot of fun this month focusing on grooms and we hope you’ve enjoyed it!
Here’s a wrap up of the posts from the month!
Week one of Polka Dot Groom focused on the basics and the etiquette involved in the wedding day.
- Mr Polka introduced himself in Welcome to Polka Dot Groom
- Maria from Ritzy Bee shared her top tips for grooms in The Groom’s Guide
- Kathryn from Snippet and Ink shared her first mini board Groom Ideas:Personality
- Wendy from Wendy’s Bridal Affairs passed on her knowledge from groom’s in What’s A Groom To Do?
- Ms Polka shared 10 Tips For The Groom’s Speech
- Cathrin D’Entremont from Cathrin D’Entremont Weddings gave some tips to grooms in Hints And Tips For Grooms
- We shared the first bumper Snapshot Sunday – Getting Ready
Week Two launched Polka Dot Groom Fashion Week!
- East Side Bride started the first of her week on Polka Dot Groom with Groom Style: What The F* Do I Wear?
- We went through the basics of clothing in Groom’s Dress Code
- East Side Bride’s second installment of Groom Style: James Bond shared tips for looking sharp and suave
- Kristen Seymour of AisleDash fame gave an in depth insight into Choosing Your Tuxedo
- East Side Bride’s third Groom Style installment was Groom Style: A Beach Wedding
- Kathryn from Snippet and Ink shared her ideas for Comfort in her second mini board Groom Ideas: Comfort
- East Side Bride shared with us Groom Style: Noveau Prepster
- We shared some fun cuff links- no matter what your personality in Off The Cuff
- We ran through the basics of the wedding tie- including how to tie it in The Wedding Tie
- We shared fun coloured ties in Colour Your Tie
- East Side Bride shared her last style guide with Groom Style: Indie Rock
- We showed some fun coloured wedding socks in Sock It To Me
- Then we covered the basics of footwear in Slick Shoes
- Our second Snapshot Sunday: The Ceremony shared that emotional moment of the wedding day.
Week Three of Polka Dot Groom was all about the groom and his mates!
- James from James Day Photography shared his tips for getting the best out of your photos in Photography Tips For Grooms
- Kristen from Aisledash gave us her tips on How To Deal With Bridezilla
- We gave the lowdown on The Role Of The Groomsmen
- Kathryn from Snippet and Ink shared a mini board on Groom Ideas:Fun and Games
- We gave fresh ideas for the buck’s night/bachelor party in Ten Fun Ideas For Bucks
- Papa Polka Dot shared his time as a groomsmen and a groom with some awful stories in In My Day – As A Groom
- We came up with fun gift ideas in Five Fun Groomsmens Gifts
- Snapshot Sunday- The Guys showed some fabulous photos of the groom and his mates.
Week Four was a week of fun, a week of pampering with a little cheekiness thrown in!
- Chris and Rick from Himage shared their guide to looking good on your wedding day in Groom The Groom
- Kate from Kate Hill Flowers told us from the expert’s perspective all about boutonnière in The Boutonnière
- We covered some more unusual ideas for boutonnière in Unusual Boutonnière
- We covered the basics of cake in The Groom’s Cake
- Kathryn from Snippet and Ink came up with a mini board on our favourite subject Groom Ideas:Food
- The Himage duo Chris and Rick dropped by again with their skincare recommendations in Products To Groom The Groom
- Victoria from Victoria With Roses inspired us with 12 Romantic Gestures For The Bride
- We shared Four Special Treats For The Groom.
- We rounded up Snapshot Sunday- The Grooms Edition Party with some great shots, all about letting loose and having fun!
Finally, Mr Polka shared his top transport tips in Zoom Zoom Zoom- Choosing Your Wedding Transport.
You can check out all the posts in the “Grooms” category.
Thank you also to Jamie of It’s A Jamie Thing, Kathryn of Snippet & Ink, Maria of Ritzy Bee, East Side Bride, Southern Wedding Style, Victoria from Victoria with Roses, Kristen at Jeez-O-Petes and Prima Donna Bride for giving Polka Dot Groom a mention!
If you want more groom related goodness check out these groom blogs
Or check out these blogs written by grooms
- Weddings By A Groom To Be
- The Engaged Guy
- Mr Mango on Weddingbee AKA I Groomzilla…You Bride
- The Groom’s Truth
- Groom’s Wedding
- The Reluctant Groomzilla
- Groom Guy
- Our United State
- Making It Honest
As for Polka Dot Groom- well this isn’t the last you’ve seen of him! We have some big plans in store – so stay tuned!
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: