Katherine and Jon

by | Australia - New South Wales, Bride, Inspired Weddings,

COMMENTS

It’s Wedding Wednesday again! I love the beautiful submissions I’ve been getting and can’t wait each week to share a new one with you all!

John & Katherine

Today’s wedding has such a beautiful vintage style to it! Katherine and Jon- our bride and groom put so much thought and care into their wedding details and I’m in love with the soft dusty pink details! Katherine has told me so many thoughts behind her wedding day that I’m really looking forward to sharing with you!

Katherine and Jon held their wedding  at Bimbadgen Estate Winery in the Hunter Valley, near to where Katherine grew up.

Today’s photographs are by Gemma Clarke Photography,

Gemma is offering a special for Polka Dot Bride readers. Mention Polka Dot Bride to Gemma upon booking and you will receive three enlargements worth $150 with your package!

Katherine wore pewter coloured heels from Witchery

Katherine’s gown was created by retired couturier Richard Cook. After finding an inspiration photo online, Katherine went straight to Saigon Fabrics in Sydney where Richard was helping in the store. He pulled down a bolt roll of beautiful latte coloured French Guipure lace from the shelf and said “there, that’s your fabric”. He soon agreed to make Katherine’s wedding gown. A matching hair flower was made from the scraps of Katherine’s wedding dress.

Katherine and her sisters made her bouquet the night before after sourcing 160 Antique roses from a wholesaler. They added Cootamundra wattle from a tree in their parent’s backyard. Katherine wrapped the bouquets in ivory satin ribbon. On her own she tied her great-aunt’s watch and a lace flower from her mother’s wedding with a charcoal ribbon.  Katherine’s grandmother had 3 sisters, two flew from London to attend Katherine’s wedding (while the third passed when she was only 25). In memory of her, Katherine used her watch on the bouquet as her “something old”.

Katherine’s bridesmaid Joannah wore a charcoal coloured gown in chiffon and satin by Alfred Angelo with silk hair flowers from Etsy

Katherine and Jon opted to have their photos taken together before the ceremony, family photos first and then photos with their bridal party. While they were walking the grounds, they arranged for family members to be served antipasto and champagne in a courtyard overlooking the vineyards.

After the photographs were taken, Katherine quickly freshened up for the ceremony.

Check back this afternoon for the beautiful sunset ceremony and the evening reception of today’s featured couple Katherine and Jon!

Photos by Gemma Clarke Photography

Credits

This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.

COMMENTS
  • Bonnie says:
    June 10, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Katherine’s bouquet is just beautiful and complements her gown. Bimbadgen must be very popular- I just posted a stunning wedding that was at Bimbadgen as well!

• Karen - The Last Detail says:
    June 10, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Her dress is stunning!

• Farrah says:
    June 10, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Katherine you look gorgeous!!!! I love your flowers, can’t believe you DIY’d them AND your amazing make up!

• Dannii says:
    June 10, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Hey that was my reception venue! I hope they were alot better to Katherine than they were to me, they really made a mess of our wedding. Katherine looks amazing. What a gorgeous wedding.

• Kat says:
    June 10, 2009 at 5:05 pm

^^ I’m really sad to hear Bimbadgen made a mess of your wedding Dannii – we were really happy and impressed with the set-up, food, wine and service we received from them 🙂

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!

• Inspired Memories: Katherine « Polka Dot Bride says:
    July 15, 2010 at 4:17 pm

[…] last year. As the sun set, Katherine and John said their vows against a lush green backdrop (see their wedding on Polka Dot […]

• etsy jewelry says:
    January 27, 2011 at 12:20 am

Excellent blog here! Also your site loads up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

• Ms Polka’s Favourite Shoes For Brides | amouramour.com.au says:
    June 1, 2011 at 8:02 am

[…] Katherine and Jon’s Wedding Katherine and Jon’s gorgeous winery wedding was filled with beautiful details – from Katherine’s dusty pink wedding gown to the stunning pewter heels she wore. The backdrop of the winery was beautiful against the couple’s vows and celebrations. Photo: Gemma Clarke Photography […]

• wedding dresses says:
    October 13, 2011 at 6:44 pm

All the things look so sweet and warm…….I am looking forward my wedding……….