Canturi’s New Bridal Collection

by | Bride, Jewellery

COMMENTS

I was lucky last week to visit Melbourne’s Canturi store and have a sneak peek at their upcoming bridal collection that they are launching in conjunction with their brand new store in New York.

Canturi Regina Collection

The new Regina collection features a high set central stone with pavé set diamonds. Grooves in the band, segment the channels of diamonds, while a small Australian black sapphire sits below the centre diamond as an anchor. The wedding band is designed to match and is available with full diamond segments or alternating diamond segments. Each ring has different groove widths to allow for a unique combination.

A matching men’s wedding ring is also available with or without diamonds.

Stefano Canturi launched his jewelry brand at age 21. Growing up with a love of sculpture, Canturi was inspired by the Cubism period of art. The focus of Canturi is creating classic designs with a modern edge.

He’s the man behind the jewels featured in Moulin Rouge and The Matrix and pioneered the geometric design we see so often in jewelry today.

Canturi Cubism Circular Pendant

Canturi’s bridal collection is inspired from Cubism and some of his recent designs (such as the Metropolis) are reflective of the Art Deco period.

In addition to the newly released (as of yesterday!) Regina Collection, Canturi has also designed the “Dream” diamond setting, Cubism collection featuring carre cut diamonds, Metropolis ring with split band and his classic Australian black sapphire rings featuring Australian black sapphires and white diamonds.

The pieces are made is made so each wedding band fits with any of the engagement rings.

As well as the rings, Canturi has a matching range of jewelry for a bride to wear on her wedding day. My favourite is the Cubism Circular Pendant (pictured above).

From the 7th of July, Melbourne’s Canturi store (located on Little Collins St) will be showcasing the new range in pure bridal style with a display of bridal gowns from some of the top Melbourne fashion designers- the first being Toni Maticevski. The brand new bridal collection will also be available from the 1st of July.

Canturi opens in New York (Canturi’s second US boutique after Las Vegas) on Monday 6 July at 66th and Madison Ave NY.

For a full list of store locations, check out the Canturi website

COMMENTS
  • Anna says:
    July 2, 2009 at 11:09 pm

My Canturi ring which I purchased in the Brisbane store a year or so ago, literally fell apart. Stones fell out and the new earrings I bought to match snapped on the morning of the wedding.

I hope they’ve improved the quality!

• Loz says:
    July 2, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Bit chav for me! Each to their own though!

Am sure they’ll need all the help they can get of they are launching in America at this time!

• Akwoo Photography says:
    July 3, 2009 at 3:52 pm

I’m a male and have a canturi ring, love it. After sales service has been awesome too, they make it look new all the time after cleaning.

• Sar says:
    July 3, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I think some of their designs are just fab – clean and modern (I’m a sucker for a baguette myself) but with an obvious nod to the classic designs of the Art Deco era.

• Kari says:
    July 4, 2009 at 2:17 am

I can’t quite decide on this brand. It has a cheap zales feel about it and then u to in store and it is more upscale. This design seems too modern for me. Can anyone comment? Is it a sort of a zales with a Caesars type design or is it more quality?

• WFF says:
    July 25, 2009 at 10:40 pm

We bought the cubism rings for our wedding. They told to me over the phone that the “annual service” cost was $40 for the pair of wedding rings and when we went in, bought the rings, the sales assistant said it was $100 per annum! The thing was, I called and went into the store the same day! Moreover when we went in to buy the rings, they tried to overcharge us as well (nearly double and then when we were about to walk, they reduced the price dramatically). This is the Sydney store by the way. I do like their design, but their service left a really bad aftertaste. I have always thought I would slowly add to my cubism collection overtime, but with this type of experience and service, I am very reluctant to go in for other pieces. My brand new wedding ring had to be repatched because there was a tiny hole in the band between the diamonds too.

• Sandy says:
    July 28, 2009 at 12:19 pm

OMG I am a Canturi fanatic! I think his designs and quality are out of this world. I have a gorgeous engagment ring from there and I compared the quality to all the other jewellers before i bought it and they are the BEST! They were great to explain that you need to look after your ring, which you would expect like anything precious you have because if I hit it against something harder than the ring it will react. I get people asking me about my ring all the time.

• kerrimarie Boyle says:
    October 8, 2009 at 2:42 am

I now have my cubism engagement ring 3 yrs and it still perfect I love canturi great service and customer contact afterwards very impressed by all the designs and staff well recommended x

• MH says:
    November 30, 2009 at 9:58 pm

One month before my wedding I had my Canturi engagement ring cleaned at the Brisbane store and one of the baguette stones fell out later on that night! I was very upset because it was not a cheap ring! The salesgirls then tried to convince me that I may have shattered the stone whilst picking up pots and pans and that my engagement ring should not be worn all the time. I thought those statements were absolute rubbish and I was very disappointed. They then took the ring and replaced the stone but the ring now has a dent in it and is no longer symmetrical. I expected better quality from Canturi which sells itself on supposed quality workmanship and charges premium prices for their jewellery. Will not be making future purchases there.

• Pia says:
    December 23, 2009 at 8:09 am

Any idea on the price for his wedding sets?

• Polkadot Bride says:
      December 23, 2009 at 11:34 am

Hi Pia,

My understanding is that Canturi are willing to work with your budget.

Which rings wee your particularly interested in? Their pricing is (obviously) so dependent on the design and diamonds chosen.

• Fi says:
    January 4, 2010 at 4:35 pm

My husband surprised me with a Canturi Engagement ring as a 15th wedding anniversary present. It is not one of his cubism designs, but is a solitare brilliant diamond. I love it, The slaes lady at the Brisbane store could not have been more helpful for my husband who was organising this surprise from 600 kms away.

Love them, love the ring, love the quality!

• Joe says:
    July 30, 2010 at 9:21 am

I went in to the store to look at this same set from Canturi and I just thought the prices are a joke!

I ended up getting a very similar set with a larger (main) stone for half the price.

The constant phone calls everyday with bad marketing tactics really got anoying and I had to ask them to stop calling but It didnt… it seemed like no matter what you say to them they keep on yapping on about what you are not interested in.

Good Luck if you choose to go canturi, get ready to change your cell number.

• Gladys says:
    October 12, 2010 at 7:53 pm

I want to see how much cost this ring

• diamond wedding rings Melbourne says:
    April 20, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I also visited canturi few weeks ago while I was shopping for my friend’s wedding. It has amazing collection. I just loved it. thanks

• Ange says:
    July 27, 2011 at 12:01 am

Can anyone tell me what the average price is for a canturi ring? I really like the Metropolis engagement ring with the black centre diamond but have absolutely no idea of their prices! HELP!

• Mike says:
    January 16, 2012 at 5:23 am

My wife has numerous pieces of Canturi jewellery and loves them all. Quality and service has always been excellent. When she had her a car door closed on to her hand with wedding ring on the ring took all of the force and her hand was fine. Thr ring was only slightly bent with all stones intact. We took ring back and they made repairs for almost nothing. Would recommend Canturi jewellery to anyone who wants design and quality.

• Jess says:
    January 16, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I love the canturi rings, and have my engagement ring from there. Could not be happier with service and quality. You can buy cheaper rings from elsewhere, but you pay for the design and craftsmanship.
    I am sure that Ange already knows, but the black sapphire set in the metropolis ring is about $10,500 when I checked, but depends on exact size of stone.

• Jewellers Melbourne says:
    January 23, 2013 at 10:10 pm

This blog Is very informative, I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog. It helped me with ocean of knowledge so I really believe you will do much better in the future. Good job web master.

• Twoplus1 says:
    October 9, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I went to the Brisbane store with my husband (you know engagement ring & wedding bands on) to look at some rings. We came away with a price & we’re going to purchase for Xmas that year. Received a follow up email from the staff member who served us and she referred to me as “your friend” in the email addressed to him. I was disgusted. Wife not hooker thanks. We didn’t buy the ring.