Lady In Red

by | Bridal Fashion, Bride

COMMENTS

I love a bride in colour- I think today’s bride Elizabeth pulled off this absolutely gorgeous red dress so beautifully that I had to share it with you!

Nerida McMurray sent over these stunning photographs while the bride Elizabeth tells me the gown was made by Chantilly International (03 (03) 9639 7400) in Melbourne who saved the day after Elizabeth’s original dress retailer went into administration.

elizabeth-red-wedding-dress012

elizabeth-red-wedding-dress03

elizabeth-red-wedding-dress17

Floor length red gowns can be tricky to pull off, but can be such a stunning statement when done well. I love that the choice of a red gown can look dramatic with red lips or a little more understated with a paired back makeup look.  Of course the different shades of red mean there’s one that can radiate on any skin colour. Are you wearing red on your wedding day?

nicole-kidman-oscars Penelope-cruz

Nicole Kidman in Balenciaga, Penelope Cruz in Donna Karan

anne-hathaway katherine-heigl

Anna Hathaway in Marchesa, Katherine Heigl in Escada

debra-messing cameron-diaz

Debra Messing in Michael Kors, Cameron Diaz in Alexander McQueen

Photos from Style.com

COMMENTS
  • Marija says:
    March 25, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Red Rocks!!! And that brideal gown is absolutely fabulous! She looks amazing – a real diva!

I love red so much, that I even have red paper flowers all over my walls: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=43411940

Cheers!

– Marija

• Jen says:
    March 25, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Red – my favourite colour!

I seem to remember Kate Winslet wearing a pretty amazing red dress to an awards ceremony a few years back too. For me to still remember that dress means I must have been pretty taken with it, hahaha!
    Jen x

• Tweets that mention Lady In Red | Polka Dot Bride -- Topsy.com says:
    March 25, 2010 at 9:17 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by polkadotbride, Kerryn Tippett. Kerryn Tippett said: Polka Dot Bride Lady In Red http://tinyurl.com/yf98zjl […]

• Sweet Libertine says:
    March 25, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Oh! Oh! This took my breath away! I had always wanted to wear red but when I was doing my research all I could find were tacky boofy gothic dresses.

Now I want to wear red again!

• Jessica says:
    March 25, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Wow. What a stunning bride!

• Four Winds says:
    March 26, 2010 at 5:59 am

Last year we had a bride that needed a little encouragement to sport a bold red dress. I wish I had these pictures at the time to help her make up her decision- this bride looks stunning. Thank for sharing!

• Audra Colpitts - Vancouver Photographer says:
    March 26, 2010 at 9:52 am

I love the red dress! I wish more brides would wear red at their weddings. It’s so sassy and sexy!

• Alessandra says:
    April 11, 2010 at 8:52 am

Amazing! I love how it’s paired with the Russian netting and red flower- very dramatic and fun!

• Yuleydis says:
    May 2, 2010 at 5:26 am

Elizabeth, beautiful name. (My daughters and mothers name). I love your gown, I is absolutly STUNNING!!!!!!!
    I will definetly choose a red gown for my wedding. My BF will love it, but I think my mom will think i’m crazy.Either way red has always been my signature color and I consider myself to be unique. Love it, Love it, Love it. Congraqtulations on yur marriage. May it be filled with the color RED.

• Vintage Inspired Coloured Wedding Dresses says: