Suzie and Rey – The Celebration

by | Australia - New South Wales, Bride, Inspired Weddings, Polka Dots, Pregnant Weddings,

COMMENTS

Are you loving today’s celebration? I was so overjoyed to read Suzie’s email with her words, it’s obvious she had the best day of her life (and I have to say if I had her wedding I’d be pretty thrilled too!)

As I hate to use the “perfect” around weddings, I thought I’d let you in on some of the little stumbles Suzie and Rey had with their wedding plans, to show it doesn’t really matter!

Suzie says “I can say that no matter how much planning you do, there are just some unforeseen things that happen! My major drama was 6 weeks before the wedding when my dressmaker canceled on me! She was doing my dress and bridesmaids dresses so I had 6 weeks to find me a dress or dressmaker quick smart and 2 bridesmaids dresses. It wasn’t easy – I wanted to stick to my budget, but at the same time wanted a dress that was ‘me’ . I actually came across Tea Rose Couture on Polka Dot Bride and it was the best decision. We chose fabric, designed and had my dress ready to go in time for the big day! The bridesmaids dresses I picked up for a bargain at the Rocks Markets in Sydney.

I also broke my toe 4 weeks before the wedding!! I think the adrenalin took over on the day and it was almost fine!”

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding058

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding059a

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding024a

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding066

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding020

Suzie says “I didn’t stress over things that didn’t matter – the bridal party could wear whatever shoes they wanted and the bridesmaids had their hair and makeup anyway they chose. I didn’t worry about colours matching, I just wanted everyone to have a good time!”

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding022a

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding079

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding033

The reception was filled with personal touches from Suzie and Rey. Rey had the centrepieces and cake stand cut from tree logs while Suzie decorated the reception (held in the Barrel Room at Margan Estate) decorated with flowers grouped in bell jars. Each table was numbered with the couple’s dog Honey holding a number and guests took Polaroids and stuck them into a book to act as the couple’s guest book.

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding030

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding030a

The couples favourite treats were setup on a buffet with signs mentioning why the treat was special. Each guest received a jar of honey and the beautiful three tier cake (made by Bec’s Cake Creations) was topped with a bluebird cake topper from Etsy seller Middleburg.

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding027a

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding076a

Suzie says “It wasn’t staged – everything was just about us. It sounds cliché, but it truly made our day special!”

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding067a

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding031

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding078a

Suzie says “We danced – A LOT! We even played some dance music and had the lights going – I kicked off my shoes and had a hand at DJ-ing! It was fun!”

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding032

suzie-rey-hunter-valley-wedding035

Suzie’s parting words to us? “I married the man of my dreams and we were just so happy – I remember just smiling all day. I thought I would cry walking down the aisle and at everything, but we were just so happy all day – I didn’t get a chance to cry!” A day full of joy has been topped off with Suzie and Rey expecting their first baby in three months!

Thank you to Suzie and Rey for allowing us to share your gorgeous wedding day on Polka Dot Bride! Congratulations on your marriage and good luck for your impending arrival! Thank you also to Saxon Cole Photography for allowing us to share today’s photographs!

Photos by Saxon Cole Photography.

Credits

This post features the following wedding vendors. If you've been featured below, we'd love to get to know you. Click here to join Polka Dot Bride.

COMMENTS
  • Jessanomic says:
    June 2, 2010 at 4:26 pm

i LOVE the table number with the pup photo. I wanted my dog to come to the wedding, but she can’t, so i think I might just copy this idea so she is involved somehow!

• Tweets that mention Suzie and Rey – The Celebration | Polka Dot Bride -- Topsy.com says:
    June 2, 2010 at 4:49 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by polkadotbride, Kerryn Tippett. Kerryn Tippett said: Polka Dot Bride Suzie and Rey – The Celebration http://tinyurl.com/32cozbz […]

• Micaela @ The Stationery Boutiique says:
    June 2, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Just stumbled upon your blog! So inspirational – thanks for sharing!

• abluebirdbride says:
    June 2, 2010 at 7:04 pm

LOVE IT! I think you hit the nail on the head – there’s always going to be things you didn’t expect pop up and it’s all in how to decide to deal with it. You need to put things in perspective and remember this is a celebration and have faith that things will work out. LOVE the personal touches, love the logs, love the doggie photo table numbers, love the polaroids – polaroids are the best! And love how you can just see how you are having the time of your lives in those photos. Who wants perfection? No one and nothing is perfect. What you have is better – grace, elegance, good humour and great spirit. Well done and best wishes to you both!

• a little birdie says:
    June 2, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Ditto to loving the table numbers – well done Honey! Such a unique, personalised and very cute idea!

• Rey says:
    June 3, 2010 at 1:12 am

Im Rey, the man behind the woman!! In this case it especially suits well, i just wanted to make it known that many of the ideas and personal touches were all from my Suzie’s creative mind! Everything, from the table numbers with our dog Honey, to the absolutely breath taking invitations and the jars of honey with picnic blanket material and much more, was all her!!!!
    Talk about making me look good on the day!!! Now i should repay the favour and give her the props she truely deserves……just one more thing, i have not a single creative bone in my body, i can barely draw a 3D cube, but the invitations that Suzie designed and made would rival the most experienced designers anyday!!!!
    Thanks again for the kind words everyone!!!

• Brittany says:
    June 3, 2010 at 6:36 am

Love the table number cards! Will have to suggest that option to a bride one of these days.

• Chistine says:
    June 3, 2010 at 8:12 am

I absolutely adore the styling of this Wedding. That vinatage/country feel is very in but what makes it really ‘sing’ as a theme is when it fits with a couple’s personality. I could see how in tune with their Wedding this couple were form the photos. Often couples miss the point with theming…if its not you, don’t try it on.

Thanks for this post. Lovely

• Ali says:
    June 3, 2010 at 9:36 am

Just beautiful. Lots of love to you Suzie, Rey, Honey & bubba on the way xo Such a beautiful wedding xo

• Jess says:
    June 3, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Yay a polka dot gown!

• Suzie says:
    June 4, 2010 at 10:13 am

Oh, thats one proud hubby! Thanks everyone for your lovely comments and thank you to Ms Polkadot for featuring us on your great blog – we feel so honoured! x

• Inspired Words: Suzie « Polka Dot Bride says: