In celebration of Royal weddings, sapphires and bower birds everywhere…….
– Combine with white and black
– With blues of all hues
– With spring green and magnolia
– With white and champagne
– With mustard yellow, pearl grey and off white
– With blue greens, aqua – ocean colours
– With pale grey, pewter grey and touches of coral orange
– With touches of zesty orange, coral orange and lots of milky white
– With raspberry (pinky)red, a slightly lighter ‘greyer’ blue and magnolia
– With white. magnolia and cream
– With silver, platinum, soft gold, pewter, brass, burnished metal
– With lapis lazuli or opal or freshwater pearl jewellery
– Use the iridescent flecks in opals as inspiration for your colour scheme
– Team with the moody colours of Morocco to add depth and mystery – think lanterns, multi coloured stoneware platters, tactile fabrics, blue tea glasses on beaten silver trays, brass teapots and other dishes to contain your flowers, Moroccan food
– Take your cue from the French Provincial look – gilt mirrors and chandeliers, brightly coloured (use the blue colours) fabrics, ornate French inspired furniture arranged in a seating area
– Paisley fabrics in cotton or silk used as tablecloths or napkins tied with blue silk cord, paisley edged blue invitations, paisley silk ties for the men, paisley design on your wedding cake
– A nautical inspired wedding using raspberry (rather than cherry )red, and/or zesty orange with white – blue striped drinking straws, red ticking fabric, orange, red and white flowers, red glassware, bunting/flags, striped ribbon, sea objects – sea glass, shells, starfish, lighthouse, paper boats
– Hydrangeas in blue, white and green, hyacinth, sea holly, soft grey leaves, iris, green or white chrysanthemums. Nigella, pots of white or mauve daisies, forget me not, or pansies/violas, and please – no artifical bright blue flowers, or even artificially dyed flowers such as those bright blue orchids – keep it soft and real!
– Peacock feathers – use their metallics and other colours as your inspiration
– A beach wedding with the bridesmaids in floaty floral dresses patterned in sapphire, sapphire blue beaded flip flops, orange hibiscus with pink/orange frangipani flowers, bamboo seating, blue and green sea glass, shells, white and blue table décor, the white sand, the aqua coloured sea and the orange sunset – what more could you wish for?
– Sapphire blue touches in shoes, earrings, ribbon tied around your bouquets, bolero to put on if it’s a little cool, blue beading on your dress, blue ties and pocket handkerchiefs, blue patterned socks