Groomsmen tend to get a bit overlooked in the present department. Brides usually give a gift to their bridesmaids to say thank you for their support during the lead up to the big day. Groomsmen should be honoured too because they do a lot more than just plan the Bucks Party! Below are some gift ideas for the groom who wants to give his friends something special to remember the day by or who’s just looking for a way to say ‘thanks mate!’
Purple Enamel Stripe cufflinks from Shirt & Tie, gold cufflinks from Ties N Cuffs, best man cufflinks from Shirt and Tie, monogram cufflinks from Glazeware, ipod cufflinks from Benjamin Cufflinks, poker cufflinks from Cuffed
A classic choice with loads of options. You could get each of your groomsmen a set that matches your wedding’s colour scheme, or go with a more personal choice by engraving their initials onto them. Novelty cufflinks are big at the moment too, so if you’re more comedic than sentimental you might like these instead. With a little looking around (especially online) you’ll definitely find something to suit every personality.
Pewter Pilsners from Gifts For Blokes
This is something they’ll hang on to forever and will even be a conversation starter at future BBQs and dinner parties! You can get wedding themed ones (like the ones above) or for something more neutral, just get their name engraved on it.
Pocket Watch from Watch Shop
A pocket watch oozes sophistication. Your groomsmen most likely don’t own one either so it’s something truly unique. It also means they have no excuse to be late on your wedding day!
There’s nothing like the feel and smell of a new wallet! You’ll score extra points too if their old wallet is looking a bit worse for wear. This is a gift that will be really appreciated. Just make sure you find ones that suit your groomsmen’s styles. Looking at their old ones should help!
If you’re after something smaller but still thoughtful, you could try…
* Movie vouchers – so they can put their feet up after the wedding!
* Bottle or case of their drink of choice – you can have a toast before the ceremony or a celebratory drink afterward.
* Shaving kit – to look respectable for the big day!
* Tie and handkerchief set – buy these for them to go with their suits.
* Belt – one that can be worn at the wedding but will also be appropriate for work and other occasions.
* Homemade CD – fill it with tracks that bring back memories and ones that will pump you up on the morning of the wedding.
* Video game – find out which one they’re dying to get their hands on and play it with them.
* Concert/sporting tickets – you’ll need some quality hang out time when you get back from your honeymoon.
* Dinner on you – take your groomsmen out to their favourite restaurant and pick up the bill at the end.
Final Tips and Tricks
* Set a budget for the gifts and stick to it, no matter how tempting it might be to splurge!
* Take your time to think about what it is you’d like to buy and write up a list before you hit the shops.
* Get them something you know they need, will like or use.
* You don’t have to buy each groomsmen the same gift but they should be of equal or similar value.