Sophisticated Melbourne Wedding Venue – Sketch

by | Australia - Victoria, Bride, Wedding Venues

COMMENTS

In a week that has become very Melbourne centric, I wanted to show off a venue that caught my eye recently. It’s not often I describe a converted warehouse as opulent and sophisticated but Sketch. is located Melbourne’s Docklands precinct and has a decadent, chocolate box feel to it.

Part of the Atlantic V Group, Sketch is decorated in richly toned purples and blacks and designed around the centrepiece of a glittering crystal chandelier from Milan, along with little touches like black lamps, a glossy black bar and an eye catching velvet purple chair.

The venue can hold 350 people for a cocktail function or 150 for a banquet and the menu boasts offerings from special guests chefs including legends like Guy Grossi, Ian Curley, Michael Lambie and Andrew Blake while being able to be customised to your own specifications.

With a view over Docklands and the Westgate Bridge through floor to ceiling windows, your guests can also spill out to the outdoor courtyard for a true waterside reception, they can also take a break in the informal lounge areas. A private bridal suite with a closed circuit TV allows you to take a breather while still enjoying the party if you need to.

I’m always a big fan of a blank canvas venue, but there’s something to be said for being in the surrounds of something unique different and interesting design, I can just imagine Sketch filled with glittering candelabras, stunning coloured crockery and a interesting floral combination..my imagination is piqued!

Photo by Yervant

Photo by Yervant

Photo by Sam D’Agostino

Photo by Sam D’Agostino

Photo by Sam D’Agostino

Photos courtesy of Sketch

COMMENTS
  • Micaela ~ Wedding & Event Stationery says:
    February 23, 2011 at 5:53 pm

You had me at the chandelier! Wow.

• Rachel - theWeddingVine says:
    February 24, 2011 at 7:40 am

Incredible venue!! Its amazing that its on the waterfront!

• Girl Friday Weddings says:
    May 10, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I want that chandelier!!

• Tiabellaa says:
    May 12, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I am assuming it’s very expensive? 🙁 It would be amazing to get married there though….

• Wedding Receptions Melbourne says:
    August 18, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I do consider all of the ideas you have presented in your post. They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are very brief for starters. Could you please prolong them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

• pink bandage dress amazon says:
    August 21, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Any type of gold chain, ring, or earrings, can give someone a relaxed style, and also look very
    trendy for this season. The higher the carat of gold, the more
    yellow, richer and golden the gold ring design will appear.
    It won’t be long before you can move up into the world and
    have these same people, schools and agencies calling you to set up
    glamour photography or fashion photography sessions to meet their
    needs and purposes.

My web page … pink bandage dress amazon