The Langham Hotel, Melbourne

by | Australia - Victoria, Bride, Wedding Venues

COMMENTS

We’re going to kick off a new series of   profiles on Polka Dot Bride and I’d love it if you’d let me know where you’re marrying so we can profile some of our reader’s venues too! The Langham Hotel is one of Melbourne’s five star hotels (and one of my favourites) and has just launched their Ultimate Enchanted Wedding Package along with a range of Princess Packages. With the marble foyer and glittering chandeliers, it’s a decadent but convenient choice for a wedding.

The Langham Hotel is situated right on Melbourne’s Yarra River (Southbank) and offers 387 guest rooms of all shapes, sizes and budgets – so your guests can stay with you at the hotel. Upon booking a “princess package” your guests will even receive a discounted rate.

There are a number of settings available for weddings at The Langham Hotel- from the Alto room (my favourite, located on the 25th floor of the hotel with 180 degree views of the city and private balcony) to the huge Clarendon Ballroom (which is the largest space catering to 230 people) and the Yarra rooms. Each of the newly released “Princess Packages” contains the little touches the Langham is known for. From a  traditional afternoon high tea (“Happily Ever After”) with fluffy scones and ribbon sandwiches,  to a cocktail soiree (“Once Upon A Time”) with canape style dishes, roving desserts and even a chocolate fountain to the “Dreams Come True” package – the traditional pre dinner canapes, 3 course sit down meal and beautiful styling package.

Each package includes an overnight stay in the hotel (those pillows are some of my favourite in the world, so worth it!). For a couple who might want to go all out, the Ultimate Enchanted Wedding package includes absolutely everything you could need for your wedding day – from a range of wedding jewellery from Hardy Bros, a Jason Grech wedding gown, flowers, a bridal shower, a wedding cake, photography and videography, stationery, pre wedding pampering at the Chuan Spa and even Peter Alexander pyjamas (on top of a wedding ceremony for 200 guests followed by a reception in the Clarendon ballroom for 200 guests with a five course dinner). The newlyweds will be whisked to their presidential suite following their celebrations  and return on their one year anniversary.

If a fairytale package doesn’t take your fancy, The Langham will work with you to create a package that suits you, your budget and your guests, allowing you to celebrate in luxury.

Clarendon Ballroom

Alto Room

View from Alto Room

Images courtesy of The Langham Hotel

COMMENTS
  • nikki says:
    July 27, 2011 at 10:36 am

Would love it if you continued your barn / rustic wedding venues with some in south australia. we always get left out

• Polka Dot Bride says:
      July 27, 2011 at 10:45 am

Added to the schedule! Thanks Nikki I’ll start that post!

• ChristmasInJuly says:
    July 27, 2011 at 11:31 am

Mrs Polka Dot, pretty please some large capacity restaurants (100+) in Sydney!!

• ChristmasInJuly says:
    July 27, 2011 at 11:31 am

Mrs Polka Dot, pretty please some large capacity restaurants (100+) in Sydney!!

• Honeymoon Giveaway says:
    July 27, 2011 at 11:37 am

That gown is exceptional!

• Miss T says:
    July 27, 2011 at 11:53 am

Ooh lovely! As you know we are getting hitched at Treasury Restaurant at the Sebel, so I am also a fan of restaurant style venues!

• Claire says:
    July 27, 2011 at 12:19 pm

my fiance and i are having our reception at the boathouse restaurant in koolewong.

we were after a nice outdoor reception venue but we couldnt find anything that was nicely looked after…

this venue is very beautiful though… on brisbane waters! so lovely.

• Katie says:
    July 27, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Oh oh! We’e getting married at Overnewton Castle in Keilor, Victoria

• Fox says:
    July 27, 2011 at 9:46 pm

My fiance and I still have not decided where to get married, and your site is one place I check before I choose the right place.
    I really liked the idea of a wedding at the hotel, everything is so prestigious and appropriate to the event.
    I loved the view from the Alto room, and I’ll talk with my fiance about the hotel:)
    Thank you for this interesting and thought-provoking post!

• Grace says:
    July 28, 2011 at 2:19 am

Gosh! So beautiful! I love the shot of the reflection of the city in the water. And the view of the city from the Alto Room is just amazing. That just looks like an incredible wedding destination! I’ll have to look up more about it.
    Grace

• Hope says:
    July 28, 2011 at 2:22 am

Wow, I love the city views! And that reflections shot is amazing. And I would love for my guests to be able to have that Alto Room view of the city. Look like an incredible destination wedding location for sure! I’ll definitely have to look into this one!

• Phoenix says:
    July 28, 2011 at 7:55 am

I love that dress, looks like it would be a lot of fun to wear!

• Marleena says:
    July 28, 2011 at 11:59 am

Hi everyone,

we’re getting married at the Park Hyatt in Melbourne. It’s a beautiful hotel, and the luxuriousness of the place will make the wedding reception feel very special. I can’t wait!

• LBB says:
    July 31, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I find it laughable that The Langham charges so much for a wedding, yet their marketing material is riddled with mistakes.