A ‘Just married’ banner is the perfect accessory for your wedding reception. This cute handwritten bunting message and sisal-covered wreath would suit a relaxed nautical wedding like this one.
You will need:
● Foam wreath (from craft store)
● Sisal rope (from your local hardware store)
● Double-sided tape
● Craft glue
● ‘Just married’ message printed onto coloured paper and cut out (download it free)
1. Add a square of double-sided tape to one half of the back of the bunting flags.
2. Fold bunting flag over a piece of thread and stick halves together to form a triangle. Continue with the remaining letters.
3. Apply a strip of glue across the flat side of the wreath. Press the end of the rope into the glue and allow to dry.
5. Continue to wrap the rope around the wreath and secure the end with glue and allow to dry.
6. Lay the bunting across the wreath. Wrap the thread around to the back of the wreath and secure with glue.
We placed it directly on a crate, however you can use twine, ribbon or a plastic wreath holder to hang it up at the entrance to your reception.
You can even remove the bunting after the big day and redecorate the basic wreath in a variety of ways to adorn your home for Christmas and parties for years to come!
Ms Gingham says: I really love the nautical theme that Alicia has put together for us lately. Thanks also for the free download to make things even easier!
I am Alicia Parsons, the Atypical Type A. I live in Adelaide, South Australia in a modest townhouse with my new hubby Ryan (aka The Man). I am the owner and graphic designer behind Akimbo, which specialises in quirky invitations, announcements and greetings.
Check out another nautical project from Alicia here.
Want more? Check out these posts from the archives: